Position: Dean / Director – School of Management
(Under BBA program total 3000 students and for MBA program total 2000 students are enrolled throughout
academic’s session). Faculty of Management consist of UG & PG (BBA & MBA programs). For BBA & MBA
programs, fees structure is Rs. 8 Lakhs per year).
Experience: from Educational sector or mixed experience from corporate & Academics, but preferred from
Academics. The candidate should have a strong experience in handling Marketing, Finance, Technology and
Qualification: Graduate in engineering with PG in Management from IIM. Ph.D. is optional. If candidate is non
Ph.D., then he should be willing to do Ph.D. for career progression.
Age Limit: 40-50 yrs.
Reporting: ProVC / Vice Chancellor
1. The position will report to the ProVC / Vice Chancellor.
2. Shall be responsible to align the academic objectives with the MIT-WPU vision and mission.
3. Develop and oversee academic policies and procedures for the program. Willing to make long term
career in academics
4. To lead Associate dean / Dy. Director / HOS / Program Heads of Faculty of Management (UG & PG)
5. The candidate should be willing to travel 60-70 days in a year for global university collaborations /
6. The person should be passionate about education sector, and can grow with the organisation and
should look for long term career in the organisation
7. Should have strong man handling skills. Will have to handle 200 no. of teaching & non-teaching staff
under faculty of management
8. Implementation of academic plans in BBA with specialisation in Business Administration, International
Business, Computer Applications, Event Management, Global E-business
9. Implementation of academic plans in MBA with specialisation in General Management, Marketing
Management, Finance Management, Human Resource Management, Operations Management,
International Business, Banking & Financial Services, Telecom Management, Constructions & Projects
Management, Innovation & Entrepreneurship, Corporate Social Responsibilities, Hospital &
Healthcare Management, Sports Management
10. To get involved in syllabus design and its regular updations in line with industry requirements
11. The candidate should have acumen in academic and entrepreneurial leadership
12. Shall be responsible for academic planning and academic audit of the programmes and
implementation of academic policies approved by the Academic Council in respect of academic
development, maintenance of quality of education including standards of teaching and research and
training of faculty.
13. Develop quality benchmarks or parameters for various academic and administrative activities of
14. Shall go through the existing curriculum, initiate development of new undergraduate, post graduate
programs and doctoral studies in line with the MIT-WPU’s overall academic and administrative
15. Facilitate the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive for quality education. Be updated
with the latest education methods including digitisation and modern learning methods.
16. Arrange for feedback responses from the students, the teachers, non-teaching staff and the other
stakeholders on quality-related processes. Work on the learning outcome of the program and take
corrective actions wherever required.
17. Ensure to maintain high standards of teaching methodology and effective methods of evaluating
teaching effectiveness and encourage better practices to raise the standards of Faculty of
Management.18. Define the teaching quality standards and ensure appropriate actions, as are needed for maintenance
of quality of teaching as per the MIT-WPU standards.
19. Develop an appraisal system for the faculties and ensure that their appraisal, by students is carried
out and the reports thereof are submitted. Prepare a plan of action post appraisal for further
improvements in the faculties to meet the standards of MIT-WPU.
20. Responsible for dissemination of information on the various quality parameters of higher education,
as may be defined by various national level bodies dealing with assessment and accreditation of
quality in educational institutions. Responsible for development of quality culture in higher education.
Also responsible for ensuring all accreditation criteria is being met for their programs and seeking out
accreditation for new programs.
21. Organize inter-institutional and intra-institutional workshops, seminars on different management
topics and quality related themes.
22. Prepare Annual Quality Assurance Report of programmes within his faculty, based on the quality
23. Control, regulate and co-ordinate research activities to maintain standards of teaching and research
in the departments.
24. Responsible for ensuring standards of under-graduate and post-graduate teaching and research in the
25. Responsible for ensuring academic development of the faculty under his purview and proper
implementation of the decisions of the Board of Studies, Faculty, Academic Council, Management and
the Board of Examinations and Evaluation in respect of his faculty. Conduct the examinations with
authenticity and sanctity.
26. Render necessary assistance for redressal of grievances of the students
27. Prepare reports as required by the various authorities or bodies of the university, the State
Government, the Central Government, the Central Educational Commissions or Councils, Commission
and any such other body.
28. Conduct regular meetings with the faculties to understand their concerns and address them.
29. Encourage the faculties to publish papers, write research papers and present it at various platforms.
30. Guide the students for admissions and selection of courses.
31. Represent MIT-WPU at various conferences, seminars, industries etc.
32. Shall maintain relations with other academic bodies and be updated with the current happenings in
the education sector
33. Perform any other tasks as and when required.