Job Location : Vrancea County.
Our Client is specialized in the establishment and management of large-scale pig production farms, using european know-how, technology and pig breeds. With a production capacity of over 500,000 pigs annually, the company is one of the top pig producers in Romania.
Their farms are operated at the highest standards of animal welfare and biosecurity. They produce high quality feed in their own Feed Mills. They manage internally most of the logistics and transport activities of pigs and feed.
Through the Agriculture division, they assure proper manure management, using it as a natural fertilizer on the fields around their farms. In addition, they operate 1.800 hectares of farmland in Vrancea County.
They grow through acquisition, renovation, re-technologization and expansion of existing farms, as well as through building new farms. They currently operate 9 owned farms, together with other leased farms in 8 counties in the country.
- Technical profile with previous experience in logistics and management of fleet / industrial and / or agricultural equipment; previous experience in agriculture and operation of agricultural machinery represents advantage Solid skills of planning and improvement of specific logistics processes;
- Strong knowledge of mechanics and maintenance of industrial machinery / equipment;
- Curiosity and desire to learn; availability and interest for the development of the process of selling natural fertilizer to farmers;
- Proven skills and experience in team coordination;
- Strong communication and negotiation skills;
- Openness and desire to spend a lot of time on the ground;
- Availability to travel frequently between company farms located in the following counties: Vrancea, Constanta, Olt, Sibiu, Brasov and Braila;
- Fluent in English (written and spoken);
- Computer operating skills: Windows, MS Office;
Purpose of the position:
- Efficient management of the activities of storage, transport and application on agricultural land of the natural fertilizer / organic fertilizer from pig farms, using the best agricultural practices, according to the legal requirements and internal working procedures.
- Analysis and improvement of current operations in order to apply the natural fertilizer produced on agricultural land as efficiently as possible, in time, respecting the best practices in the field, and taking into account factors such as: available land, local farmers, seasonal agricultural works, weather conditions, storage capacity, available equipment and geographical dispersion of farms.
The main responsibilities include:
- Planning and management of all activities related to the term emptying of lagoons (storage spaces) with natural fertilizer;
- Developing and implementing an organic fertilizer application plan for all locations;
- Management and coordination of the team (agronomical engineers, tractor and truck drivers, lagoon operators, mechanics);
- Continuous monitoring of all the activities of spreading the organic fertilizer and ensuring that the activity is carried out according to the planning;
- Analyzing current activities, proposing and implementing improvements to increase efficiency and effectiveness;
- The efficient and optimal use of modern agricultural fertilizer application machines;
- Implementation of a maintenance and maintenance plan for machinery and equipment;
- Implementation of a training plan for the whole team;
- Identification and development of the collaboration relationship with the farmers in the areas in which the company operates, in order to carry out the activity and sale of natural fertilizer to them;
- Maintaining the relationship with the suppliers (Romanian and foreign);
- Negotiable salary, bonus, company car, medical insurance, training, etc.