Chief Accountant with experience in audit
Full Job Description:
Ensure the maintenance of the company’s general ledger and accuracy of accounting records, procedures and daily supervision on compliance of the local requirements and group reporting standards.
- Responsible for day- to- day supervision of all accounting operations and processes within department.
- Managing local accounting team to complete assigned tasks and activities within deadlines.
- Performing full set of accounts analysis and reconciliation, ensure the accuracy on journal entries registered. Ensure that accounting records are in compliance with relevant statutory requirements and company’s accounting policy.
- Manage and ensure timely closing activities on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis.
- Responsible for various financial reporting preparation i.e. Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Cash- flow statement. Perform periodical reporting, financial analysis and ad- hoc support while providing and requested financial information and analysis to Finance Manager.
- Perform statutory compliance activities, including local tax returns and all necessary statutory fillings on a time manner
- Liaising with local state authorities, banks, consultants and company’s partners with regards to company activities, if needed
- Assist in auditing activities
- Assist in process automation and efficiency improvement within accounting department on a local and group level in terms of accounting procedures, tools and team management.
- Relevant degree with professional accountancy qualification and/or within finance, economics or business
- At least 5 years experienced on a similar position or within an audit/ accounting consulting/ tax consulting firm
- Very good knowledge of Romanian GAAP and statutory tax requirements
- CECCAR certified
- ACCA/CIMA and/or IFRS certificate is a plus
- Thorough understanding of Financial Software Systems (ERP)
- People management experience is a plus
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal
Ability to work in international environment and pro-active attitud