The role is based in GREECE and ONLY candidates from the TOBACCO Industry will be considered.
Our Client is an International Tobacco company. For their operations in Northern Greece, they are looking for a:
Mechanical Packer Technician (Tobacco industry)
The role reports to the Engineering Manager. Together with the engineering team, the ideal candidate will ensure that the highly automated lines run at optimal efficiency and perfect quality of the finished product.
· Perform all activities (repair, preventive maintenance, installation & commissioning, relocation, overhaul, size changes and up-grades) to ensure equipment availability for production with good quality, low costs, uninterrupted and safe operation of the production equipment;
· Quick and effective diagnosis and troubleshooting of any occurring machine problems in order the machines to fulfill safety and quality requirements while running at the highest efficiency. Develop with the engineering team permanent solutions for repetitive issues;
· Participate in all planned preventive/predictive maintenance tasks & assure the efficiency of the maintenance activities to ensure products meet quality standards;
· Adhere to all company's regulations, policies, and procedures for health, safety, and environmental compliance;
· Follow operations guidelines to maintain smooth machine operation, ensure that technical documentation is kept up to date;
· Develop individualized and group training to the engineers;
· Review production schedules, process flows and engineering specifications to understand methods and activities in manufacturing/ services. Document all production efforts in appropriate forms and reports.
· Degree in Mechanical Engineering (preferred).
· Hands on experience of 3 years in a similar position in a cigarette manufacturing company.
· Hands on experience (maintenance & trouble shooting) in GD packing machines type: GD X500; GD X6; C600. Experience in GDX3, Focke machine will be a strong plus.
· Able to understand machine operating manuals & spare parts catalogues.
· Very good written and verbal English communication skills.
· Attention to detail and good organization skills, problem-solving skills.