Our Client is a French owned furniture manufacturing company part of the very reputable French group dated since 1870, and has a production site with approximatively 200 employees in Romania nearby Sibiu/ Ramnicu Valcea.
Our Client is producing and exporting luxury piece of furniture and is aiming for excellency in all they do
- Leadership in value-based, real-world innovation in furniture
- Develop a cohesive board and senior management team committed to creating sustained value and guiding our people with confidence and energy.
- Expand its global capabilities, with operations with operations in more countries.
- A passion for people; a hunger for brilliance.
Our Client is currently recruiting a PRODUCTION MANAGER with high vision, Six Sigma/ LEAN Manufacturing skills and experience and a good overview on many functions including Quality management, Export activities, Supply Chain Management, Facilities and of course day-to-day Manufacturing.
OUR CLIENT is looking to increase (double /triple) its production capacity within next year also due to some EU funding.
Production Manager, reporting to Plant Director, is responsible for the management of the manufacturing plant of approx.. 180 Employees, being in charge of all activities related to Production, Lean and Launch, Manufacturing engineering, Maintenance, Quality, Production Control and Logistics and support functions.
- Together with the Plant Directer, this person will coordinate the plant management team to assure all manufacturing objectives are accomplished in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Coordinates cost effective systems of control over capital, operating expenditures, manpower, labor cost within the product Business Unit.
- Monitors and takes actions to improve plant KPIs mainly be the manufacturing performances.
- Provides direction, development and leadership to plant staff members and support
- Coaches and supports staff team to perform above the standards required for customer satisfaction and quality.
- Monitors Quality standard procedures to get ISO certified by the end of the current year
- Ensures a “Built in Quality” modern program that reduces repeat mistakes within the manufacturing process inside of the plant.
- Coaches all staff in consolidating LEAN manufacturing processes.
- Monitors and controls the operation of the business, reviewing and analyzing plant financials, production and other functions support performance reports, measuring progress, assessing results, and formulating providing coaching on corrective actions.
- Ensures all employees have a safe working environment and conducting their work in accordance with EH&S company policy and programs.
- Interacts positively and effectively with personnel, both internal and external to the plant organization, including shop floor personnel, management at various levels throughout Our Client.
- Maintains full compliance with Company policies and procedures and conducts all activities in accordance with the Code of Conduct and Internal Control Rules.
Background, Experience and Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business or Operations.
- Experience in furniture manufacturing is an important plus
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in a similar manufacturing environment (in sites with more than 100 employees).
- Extensive knowledge and experience with lean manufacturing.
- Proven leadership and management skills.
- Thorough knowledge of complex manufacturing business enterprise systems required.
- Ability to work effectively with employees, peers, senior-level leaders, customers and vendor representatives.
- Proven ability to coordinate, prioritize and complete multiple work assignments in diverse fields with minimal direction.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and persuasion skills and result oriented with highly focus on engaging people.
- Conduct proper leadership role for all employees by way of using behaviors, language and example that sets the precedence for leadership and coaching.
- Listen to employees for feedback on best methods of improvement for safety, quality and efficiency.
- International exposure in furniture production could be a tremendous plus; an expat could also be an option
- Be able to demonstrate following leadership competencies : Enterprise thinking, Cultivates innovations, Customer and market focus, Adaptive to change, Builds trust, A can do attitude to the organization. Not afraid to take on bold challenges.
- English fluent; French language could be a plus.
Location and salary range:
- Salary range TBD fixed) plus KPI (annual) bonuses - all subject to negotiate according to the candidate experience and particular exposure
- Relocation support – TBD
- Assigned car