Our Quality Assurance team ensures that MidoNet ships free of bugs, performance/scaling regressions and with all components working seamlessly together (CLI, GUI, distributed network controller). Our QA engineers are experts at using MidoNet and deeply familiar with OpenStack and CloudStack. The QA engineers do manual and automated testing of MidoNet and its cloud software integrations. The QA engineers help with root-cause analysis and help drive improved testing and coverage in the entire code-base. The QA team also maintains and evolves a sophisticated cloud-based framework that allows launching and testing a MidoNet cloud within a public cloud (like AWS or Rackspace) - this enables agile and flexible testing at small and large scales, especially scales we would not be able to test with Midokura-owned hardware.
We seek individuals that are passionate about networking and cloud, that have built or tested parts of a network infrastructure or cloud. The successful candidate will work with an exciting array of technologies in networking, cloud-computing and virtualization and will be part of a team that is innovating how virtual networks are built and operated.
- Create and review test specifications, test cases, and test plans.
- Write regression, UI, black-box and systems tests.
- Manually test our SDN solution and cloud integrations by generating various types of network traffic between VMs or between VMs and the Internet in a running instance of a MidoNet-powered cloud.
- Automate CLI, GUI and network controller testing.
- Maintain and evolve our distributed, cloud-based testing framework.
- Troubleshoot and isolate issues, file bugs and work with developers to find root causes.
- Collaborate with our systems/devops engineers to deploy to our test cloud and perform smoke testing.
- Record and track product defects.
- Drive increased and improved test coverage across the whole code-base.
Required Skills and Experience
- 3+ years in computer networks and distributed test systems.
- Experience programming in any scripting language: Python, Ruby, Bash or similar.
- Experience writing test plans and test cases, from analyzing feature specs
- Strength in at least one of Shell, Puppet, Chef, Ansible within the context of deploying complex network scenarios
- Traffic generation and analysis tools: iperf, netperf, mgen, nmap, tcpdump or similar
Desired Skills and Experience
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- L2 protocols (RSTP, MST)
- L3 Dynamic Routing Protocols (BGP, OSPF)
- Encapsulation formats (GRE, VXLAN)
- Firewalls, Load Balancers, IPv6
- Linux OS admin skills with understanding of subnets, firewalls, switch and routing protocol configuration.
- OpenStack or IaaS cloud services
- Open vSwitch
- Hypervisors: KVM, VMware ESX
- Experience with Rally, IXIA, IxLoad, IxChariot, Avalanche, Tempest, Rally, Selenium or similar tools a plus
- Experience with ZooKeeper and Cassandra
- Excellent problem solving and analytical/quantitative skills