The job holder will be responsible for strategic support and financial consulting to the Southern Europe Cluster (countries include Italy, Greece, Spain & Portugal). He/She is a key Business Partner to Senior Management (Country Business Unit Head one currently located in Rome and one in Madrid) and acts as the analytical engine of the company to provide key insights and support optimal business decision making. In this matrix organization, he/she will actively partner with key stakeholders FP&A Center of Excellence (CoE) in Dublin, Commercial Excellence Team in Warsaw (Pricing and Commercial Analytics) and other functions such as Supply Chain and Manufacturing Plant in Sesto Fiorentino.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Provide financial and business support to the Country Business Unit Heads: key insights and support optimal business decision-making to all financial activities (new product launches, business cases, business strategy and other commercial initiatives).
- Manage the annual strategic and financial planning process (Plan, Forecasts, Long Range Plan and LBEs) in collaboration with key stakeholders: Business, FP&A CoE and Senior Management.
- Proactively monitor business results; leverage financial data to elevate business risks and opportunities; advise on financial implications and develop recommendations to achieve business results.
- Coordinate the preparation of the Monthly Results Review (MRR), working closely with Business Unit Heads (BUH) and FP&A CoE. Participate in monthly reviews with FD and VP Western Europe.
- Actively collaborate with Commercial Excellence Team to analyze operational performance to support analysis of business and understand customer, operational and pricing trends.
- Support the BUH in identifying opportunities to improve financial performances and recommend improvements in methods, processes and reporting.
- Challenge status quo methods and actively propose improvements to streamline processes and maximize efficiencies.
- University Degree in Business Administration
- Minimum 3 -5 years significative experience in broad financial roles within multinational companies, more specifically in Business Partnership role
- Solid business knowledge & commercial acumen
- Strategic thinking & sense of urgency
- Excellent analytical & organizational skills
- Strong communication, both verbal and written, and presentation skills
- Act with the highest level of compliance and integrity with sense of accountability and exhibit Baxter’s Culture Levers: Speed, Simplicity, Courage, Collaboration
- Fluency in English as preferred Business language
- Advanced MS Office skills with emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint
- Manage his/her time in order to achieve the goals of the function is key