Reporting to: Hierarchical Country Sales Manager
Functional: Crop Sales Manager
- Plan, review, adapt and execute the annual and/or more annual sales plan in order to match the plan with the production plan and stock. Critical keeping forecast accuracy to ensure seed availability without creating stocks
- Introduce company, product to (potential) customers in order to inform and acquire customers.
- Manage and promote new introductions in the market to current customers and customer prospects
- Develop a good understanding of business/segment network , key players , influencers and decision makers.
- Proactivity on finding and implementing new strategies and business opportunities
- Ability to identify new customers to expand our sales and gain market share from competitors, develop partnerships and provide incentive to distributors so that they promote our products with the smaller customers.
- Key Customer management of big factories, understanding what they do, what they need, what they expect from us, how we can better collaborate with them, what are the key criteria for decision making, what varieties they use and why, what are the main improvement traits they would like to see, what makes their factory more efficient.
- Ability to manage key projects with traders and to influence them to push our varieties in the market
- Smart distribution strategy development and implementation
- Formulate and negotiate with customers regarding annual and/or more annual contracts and concepts, within broader guidelines, in order to realise the short term sales targets and the long term partnership relation.
- Provide market, price, and product information in order to contribute to the formulation of the marketing and sales plan in the crop team.
- Report to the management in order to keep the management informed about proceedings in sales and the consequences for the other departments (operations).
- Monitor market trends and new developments in the market
- Organization of promotional activities for commercial and new assortment.
- Ability to create/ follow a key customer list and to prioritize and provide taylor made approach for different profiles in the market ( from high end factories to low end growers)
- Take care of the money collection in line with the financial policy and the payment terms in order to ensure sufficient cash flow.
- Contribute to the trial program in order to come up with proposals regarding the assortment.
- Close follow up of varieties in T2 to monitor performance, understanding key performance points and collect feedback from customers
- Initiate the introduction of new varieties and propose on price level, and product forms in order to contribute to commercial success of new varieties.
Key Success Factors
- Market share;
- New Customers;
- Days / amount outstanding;
- Reliability sales plan, marketing advices.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor in agriculture.
- English language intermediate
- Commercial skills;
- Good relational potential.
- Autonomous worker
- Self organized
- Russian - English
o Limited international travel is required.
o Active travelling 50% in the country
o Big level of responsibility
(list the most important work relationships with internal and external partners / customers)
- Sales Specialists;
- Crop Sales Managers;
- Product Specialists.