This role will ensure that eCommerce marketing and operations align with the organization's overall strategic direction.
This role works closely with IT and Marketing to ensure the organization's branding and technology requirements are met.
- Directs the development of short and long-range objectives, policies, budgets and operating plans for the eCommerce business unit, and oversees their implementation and achievement.
- Accountable for the eCommerce department budget and financial performance, including sales, expenses, and profitability.
- Accountable for the development, implementation and execution of all eCommerce strategies with focus on driving website conversions.
- Accountable for customer satisfaction, including managing the customer service department, reviewing shipping and returns policies, and updating packaging and inserts as required.
- Deploys tests and provides background analysis and recommendations after testing to continuously improve the customer experience, improve personalization, and grow sales and contribution.
- Leverages digital marketing tools and technologies (e.g., paid search, social networking, affiliate marketing, remarketing, etc) to develop and execute an effective eCommerce strategy.
- Develops and executes strategies for SEO (Search Engine Optimization), including organic and paid search.
- Manages web-site analytics including performance tracking, path optimization, data management and analysis of eCommerce activities.
- Collaborates with the CRM team to understand our customers and team with Retail to market appropriately.
- Creates and manages web-based programs and campaigns including e-mail marketing and text campaigns to drive site traffic conversions.
- Provides and delivers cross channel commerce marketing and related brand strategies.
- Continuously identifies ways to optimize the site.
- Responsible for identifying other analytics that may support tracking of business strategy and performance of the site.
- Collaborates with technology to develop essential eCommerce functionality.
- Remains informed of the most current eCommerce trends and technologies.
- Plans and executes digital marketing investments with the goal of driving readers to our eCommerce site.
- Demonstrates high degree of professionalism in communication, attitude and teamwork with customers, peers and management
- Demonstrates high level of quality work, attendance and appearance
- Adheres to all Company Policies & Procedures and Safety Regulations
- Adheres to local, state and federal laws
- Additional responsibilities assigned by supervisor related to your position/department
- Less than 20% travel may be required as necessary
- Ability to be flexible and willing to work extended hours when necessary
- Bachelors degree in Business, Marketing or IT
- Minimum 10 years of ecommerce/digital experience
- Tactical experience in the construction, launch, and management of eCommerce sites within a respected web property with a proven track record of maximizing site activity and conversion.
- Knowledge of standard technical requirements and practices surrounding eCommerce; strong SEO (Search Engine Optimization) knowledge
- Experience utilizing affiliate marketing, social networking and mobile applications preferred; Outstanding cross-functional collaboration and communication skills