We are looking to hire a Guidance Counselor with outstanding assessment and listening skills.
Guidance Counselor Responsibilities:
- Conduct individual and group counseling sessions to advise and assist students with academic and vocational development.
- Evaluate students’ attributes and assist them in realizing their objectives.
- Develop and implement counseling strategies with contemporary methods of mentoring.
- Identify behavioral problems and act appropriately to remedy the situation.
- Pay attention to societal and cultural differences in all student matters.
- Assess the development of students and highlight the sense of accomplishment.
- Complete evaluations, analyze results and provide purposeful feedback.
- Cooperate with parents, academic staff and external partners.
- Arrange and schedule orientation programs and internships.
- Advertise facilities and study programs to potential students.
- Implement and facilitate educational and training workshops for academic staff.
Guidance Counselor Requirements:
- Bachelors degree in Counseling or related (essential).
- Five years of work experience as a counselor in an academic environment.
- Analytical thinker with strong problem-solving and conflict-resolution skills.
- Motivational leader who displays sound judgment and attention to detail.
- Detail-oriented with excellent time-management skills.
- Confident interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Perceptive intuition and decision-making skills.
- Remarkable professionalism and solid work ethic.
- Intermediate IT skills.