Operations & Support Manager
My client, a fully integrated infrastructure solutions business which specialises in delivering improved operating performance of commercial and industrial facilities focusing upon three key delivery areas - Engineering Consultancy, Operations & Maintenance and Energy Trading.
Operating on a 24/7 basis, they provide quality service and have been shaped by a strong history in managing, operating and maintaining some of Europe’s largest industrial facilities.
They are currently in a position to recruit an Operations & Support Manager at their site in Aberdeen.
This job description details the requirements for the role of Operations Support Manager, reporting to the Mid-Stream Engineering, Pipelines and Project Manager based at the Aberdeen Office.
The role’s primary purpose is to deliver timely, relevant operational support to the site and associated Pipeline operations, thereby enabling high standards of safety, compliance with legislation, high levels of availability and delivery of a best practice commercial operations strategy and results.
PRIMARY ROLE OBJECTIVES
In line with business, client and legislative requirements to provide, leadership, management and delivery of the Field Operations and Support team. Successfully lead, direct, organise and manage the Department in their implementation of the above philosophies and strategies.
· In line with business requirements, support the safe, effective operations of the site and associated pipelines, ensuring all SHE, legislative, commercial and business requirements are met and maintained.
· Lead and manage the Aberdeen based Field Operations Support team and other assigned personnel, taking overall responsibility for their supervision, development, welfare and overall effectiveness.
· In conjunction with site staff develop and deliver the site operations philosophy, policies, procedures and systems, to enable the achievement of required performance measures and statutory and management reporting and to ensure their effective communication, understanding and monitoring by all relevant employees.
· Develop strategies for effective field and engineering support across all disciplines.
· Support the Pipelines and Projects team in day to day issues and longer term developments.
· Provide effective Operations support to the site delivering both engineering and operations support for specific work streams and projects as required by the Mid-Stream Engineering, Pipelines and Project Manager.
· Champion continuous Engineering and Operation’s improvements by working alongside other site, business departments, clients and customers on agreed actions. To include involvement and leading modifications, upgrade projects, audits, surveys and other monitoring processes, initiatives and programmes, accidents, incidents and reports. To monitor the effectiveness of these by reviewing and putting in place any action points and/or improvements.
· Effectively plan, justify and control assigned capital and revenue budgets.
· Provide appropriate guidance and support for all major Operations events including outages, plant shut downs, unplanned and planned events and incidents.
· Be responsible as appropriate for dealing with Legislative bodies including HSE.
· Responsibility and leadership of internal and external investigations, processes, procedural actions and communications.
· Be the Accountable Operations Person, for the Engineering office, ensuring compliance and delivery in line with the companies O and M site standards document.
· Approve the work programme for submission into the AOP ensuring correct testing and maintenance is completed and assigned budgets are managed responsibly. Ensure the actual cost of maintaining the plant during a financial year is less than the AOP budget
· As required, to deputise for the Mid-Stream Engineering, Pipelines and Project Manager.
· As required, in line with business need, to support cross–site initiatives on safety, standards and systems.
· Relevant successful contribution and work experience in Operations environments.
· Development and implementation of strategies, projects and initiatives across technical, commercial and other areas.
· Takes the lead in working cross functionally, establishing and delivering policies and initiatives, ensuring compliance with company and legislative requirements.
· Current relevant knowledge of UK / European legislation and best practice implications.
· Plant health and safety systems and procedures.
· Working knowledge and application of quality system compliance, risk and improvement.