Structural Designer – Corrugated Designer - Glasgow
An exciting opportunity to join our market leading Client in the Design department of one of the UK's largest Corrugated Packaging companies has arisen. The role which reports into the Technical Services Manager is based on site at their Glasgow facility and would be primarily focused in the FMCG and in particular the wines and spirits sector. Strong skills using ArtiosCAD would be essential to ensure a smooth on boarding process.
Purpose of Job:
- The main point of the role would be to liaise with Customer, Key Account Managers and Internal Account Advisors to fully define customer brief for their new packaging requirements.
- Create and test prototype designs using ArtiosCAD. Ensuring the design is fit for purpose before despatching samples to customer.
- Create and publish all the necessary documentation for the customer approval and action any design amendments that may be required by the customer.
- Offer support and advice to the customer as required.
- Responsible for the structural design for new product developments. This involves taking the customer brief and generating ArtiosCAD structural files which are in-line with the product specification and manufacturing / machine capabilities.
- Communicate directly with the customer to ensure designs are correct for customer’s needs or where clarification of design brief is required.
- Supply reports and specifications to the customer as necessary advising of any technical issues, ensuring the Customers’ expectations are thoroughly managed throughout the process.
- Select appropriate materials for production, carry out theoretical and physical testing as necessary to ensure the design is fit for purpose.
- Communicate with production crews to ensure correct machine routing is selected and to eliminate any potential issues before the jobs go to production.
- Output files for sample making. Ensuring these are sent to the customer for approval by the Sample Maker in line with customers requested due dates.
- Update the business system and tracking records accordingly to show completion.
- Create output files for tool ordering.
- Update business system and communicate the project status to KAM/AM accordingly.
- Assist the Sample Maker as necessary to ensure all samples are dispatched in line with customers required due dates.
- Support the external technical team with the provision of technical documentation relating to value engineering projects.
- Ensure all structural designs generated are accurate, in-line with customer brief and aligned with machine capabilities.
- Ensure all material selections are fit for purpose in line with customer requirements and manufacturing capabilities.
- Ensure all designs/samples are delivered in a timely manner meeting customers required due dates for finished product.
- Ensure production tooling is delivered on time and in line with required lead times for production.
- Ensure all projects, documentation and customer responses are delivered on time.
- Must be a team player willing to support other staff in delivering the customer’s requirements.
- Demonstrate the aptitude to quickly learn new skills and the attention to detail to work in a production lead environment.
- Ability and confidence to clearly communicate in written and verbal format with customers, internal staff and suppliers is a must.
PC literate with the following applications:
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
The Structural Designer may on occasion be asked to work overtime as required to meet the needs of the business and may be asked to attend customer meetings and site visits as required to meet the needs of the business.
If this position is of interest to you then please send your CV through to Lee Narraway at Antal International