My client is a leader within the Defence and Aerospace industry. They are seeking highly capable people to work on cutting edge technologies and inspire our up and coming team members to deliver best in class results.
This Senior Systems Engineering role will provide one or more projects with the required Systems Engineering support to ensure the project delivery targets are met and that the technical solution is compliant against all contractual and legal requirements.
- Develop and manage the contractual functional and non-functional System Requirements.
- Ensure the technical solution is compliant against the required legislative, Industrial and Military standards.
- Produce derived requirements for detailed design within the Mechanical, Electrical and Software engineering functions
- Produce system test plans and procedures for system verification and qualification.
Skills, Qualification and Experience
- An HNC/HND in Science or Engineering
- Literate in MS Office tools
- A good appreciation of mechanical, electrical and software engineering principals.
- Experience in negotiating and agreeing system requirements with customers and stakeholders
- Requirements management in IBM DOORs
- Experience in writing test plans and specifications
- Experience in environmental qualification (EMC, Temperature, Shock and Vibration) of systems and sub-systems.
- Configuration control of documentation, software and design baselines
- Component and sub-system procurement specifications
- Degree in Science or Engineering
- Chartered Status
- Technical leadership of multi-disciplinary teams
- System Modelling Experience
- Knowledge of any of the following; Submarine weapon Interface Systems, Naval Data Distribution Systems, Electro-Optical Video Surveillance and Target Tracking systems, Naval Fire Control Systems, Naval Sonar Systems, Naval Combat Management Systems
- Good communicator both written and face-to-face
- A keen interest in the development of new naval and military technologies
- An inquisitive and hands-on approach to solving engineering problems
- Assertive and able to prioritise and progress urgent/important tasks
- Enjoys working in dynamic, team-oriented environment
- Must have or be able to achieve SC clearance
Parkside Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Parkside Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.