This position is based in The Netherlands. Relocation support is provided.
Our client is an innovative global leading producer of biochemicals based on sustainable resources with an impressive R&D pipeline.
For the crop protection industry our client has developed a revolutionary new solvent / carrier for herbicides, fungicides and pesticides. The functional properties, specifications and low toxicity offer added value to formulators and end users.
Senior Technical Market Application Specialist Agrochemicals
The purpose of this job is to define and develop new opportunities from a technical/scientific perspective. Developing new application areas, new or modified products, value propositions, fine tuning the product to meet market requirements.
In addition you offer technical support to the sales team and to customers (usually large crop protection formulation producers). You build and maintain a strong network of customers, universities, research institutes, agriculture institutions, environmental agencies, legal agencies.
You report directly to the Senior Director Research Development & Application and you will regularly lead functional teams.
- Technical introduction of newly developed concepts & products
- Offering technical support and training to the sales team
- Presenting technical lectures at conferences
- Designing and developing new applications, adapting product specifications to market needs
- Formulating and communicating technical and environmental value propositions
- Developing new product concepts
- Managing application research and development (both internally as well as externally)
- Establishing and leading project teams, coordinating resorces internally
- Performing research on technical market influencing factors as well as competitor analysis
- Offering input on Intellectual Property to the IP manager
- Academic background in chemistry, biology, agricultural studies or similar technical degree
- Experienced in formulation and application of agrochemicals (crop protection)
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in R&D, application and/or B2B technical sales of formulation chemicals
- Communicative, fluent in English
- Willing to travel around 40% (globally)
- Working for one of the most innovative global producers of biochemicals
- A senior position that combines technical and business responsibilities and opportunities
- The opportunity to make the world a better place for the generations to come
- An open and flat company culture where the sharing of knowledge, opportunities and credit is a core value
- Competitive remuneration: Excellent base salary, pension plan, performance based bonus, paid holidays etc.
- Relocation support