- In the role of LCC-Purchasing Manager:
• Responsible for the development & implementation of LCC-Sourcing Strategies out of China/ Taiwan into “Western” Group Entities
• Negotiate pricing and all other contractual terms with preferred existing and potentially new LCC-Suppliers & formalize in contractual agreement in alignment with respective Group Entity & Group Purchasing
In the role of Supplier Development Manager :
• Responsible for identifying & developing a highly performant international LCC-Supply base and Alternative sources in China/ Taiwan for “Western” Group Entities that insure the lowest cost, best quality and service levels
• Develop & Present a Global LCC-Supplier Development Process for the Group with special consideration of Group Product Requirements (plastic mould subcontracting, fasteners and other commodity products for water-infrastructure business, such as valves, pumps and other)
• Excellent Ability of Supplier Identification & Development Leadership to bring supplier within less than 1 year to Global Supplier Commodity Panel Level
• Ensure that identified LCC-Suppliers have a respective quality system, quality certification against company standards, capacity management and business plan in alignment with Group Receiving Operations established
• Plan/ Conduct supplier audits/ risk assessments (including analyze of machine/ equipment capacity and early identification of bottle neck processes) & Definition of supplier improvement/ correction plans (machine/ equipment capacity and early identification of bottle neck processes & Strenght to follow through timely
• Lead Sign off of supplier production processes (PPAP-, Run&Rate-Production)
• Systematic Failure Recognition/ Installment of effective failure measures at supplier´s location
• Ability of definition and agreement of Supplier Quality Insurance Documents
• Expertise in preventive supplier quality assurance methodes including containment reporting
• Regular Supplier Visits to track assessment progress & confirm improvements for potential bottle neck capacities processes
• Strong Education Skills to explain technical/ logistic/ commercial part-/ plant-/ group requirements to supplier & make sure their understanding
• Continuous monitoring of existing key suppliers based on performance indicators such as (internal) Scrap, OTD, responsiveness, customer service level (PPAP-Industrialization time compared to offer/ agreement, OTD) and other
- Additionally, the candidate must:
• Follow and demonstrate commitment to Group Policies (Compliance, Supplier Code of Conduct and Leadership Values) by leading, acting and behaving in a manner consistent to these policies/ values
• Build up regular LCC-Reporting System to keep Group Entities informed related to the LCC-Supplier Development & Program-/ Project Industrialization Processes
• Maintain close working relationships with key contacts within the supply base to scout, develop and monitor preferred LCC-Supply on a ongoing level.
• Interface with a broad range of management personnel and suppliers. This individual is expected to be equally at ease working with supplier CEOs/owners and shop floor associates.
• Be self-motivated and proactive with an inquisitive mind.
The decision-making aspect of this position is through leading, motivating, coordinating and communicating with a number of cross-functional areas. These cross-functional areas are also directly responsible for assisting in the implementation of new LCC-Sourcing Strategies team decisions.
• University Graduated Engineer (preferred) or MBA with technical orientation
• More year experience (8 years +) in purchasing/ commodity management position quality insurance & development in international automotive or automotive Tier-1-industry (preferred in metal/ steel/ rubber/ plastic automotive industry) combined with international sourcing experience within the automotive or manufacturing area
• Strong Negotiation & Supplier Development Skills
• Very good communication skills in English (spoken/ written) + bilingual in Mandarin required
• Strong Character/ Standing & Execution/ Determination Skills with Suppliers
• Knowledge of common QM-Methods (SPC, FMEA, APQP, PPAP, Run&Rate)
• More Year Experience as Supplier Auditor (prefered according VDA 6.3 for process audits)
• Teamplayer, loving to work in an international environment
• Knowledge of inventory management, including Vendor Managed Inventory, global logistics, customer service and quality assurance in manufacturing environment
• Understanding & Experience of Western product requirements & standards (e.g. plastic molding subcontracting, fasteners and other components) & Ability to communicate these in a proper way to identified LCC-Supply Base
• Experience in leading cross functional teams (in remote) to accelerate new sourcing strategy implementation
• Working Knowlede of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, Access, Powerpoint)/ Lync
• Project management skills.
• Experience working within a global matrix organization, across geographies and cultures.
Organizational Aspects & Development
• The position reports into the Group Purchasing VP
• Frequent Domestic Travel (within China/ Taiwan) according Group Travel Policy & Defined Cost Budget
• “Hands-on” mentality required. Ability to work in a dynamic, growing international group with processes, procedures and systems not completely defined and not uniform across all sites.
• Supports transfer of best practices to improve further development of Purchasing systems and processes.
• Communication across international time zones, particularly to NA (California) is required