• To provide current knowledge of natural gas and LNG markets in China and the broader region in Asia
• To identify, analyse, develop and finalise quality BD projects (including medium and long term natural gas / LNG opportunities) that support the Group’s strategy for the development of its LNG business
• To provide local support to the LNG Trading team (Paris) on origination of spot and short to mid term business transactions, including intelligence on local market and LNG players
• Prospect for new LNG opportunities including infrastructure, joint ventures, medium and long term purchase and sales transactions and develop relationships with counter-parties in the region
• Support the Group’s values and pursues its objectives for profitable growth through acquisition of long term supply, promoting and developing new LNG ventures and managing the Group’s interests in LNG infrastructure
1. Business Development
• Provide Business Development interface with internal groups including Prospecting, Operation, Trading and Portfolio Management
• Work closely with other BD team members towards the achievement of the BD team objectives
a. Closely coordinate with Trading team in the identification, prospecting and onboarding of new counterparts (KYC, MSPA etc) to broaden coverage of the market
b. Contribute market intelligence and insightful analysis on the local market dynamics, LNG buyers’ and competitors’ positions as well as new developments, e.g. TPA to terminals and network access and LNG trading hub (Shanghai)
c. Support in the negotiation of marketing and sales lead by the Trading team, including post-deal follow-up to ensure efficient communication channels and interface with counterparts and resolution of potential issues
d. Positioning of LNG as THE LNG supplier to downstream buyers and managing relationships with all LNG buyers in China
3. Potential BD Projects
• Review potential high value medium and long term opportunities against technical, strategic, legal, economic and risk criteria in order to recommend sustainable projects, medium term commercial opportunities and actions to the Management and relevant Committees.
4. Organizing and planning the BD project
• Direct projects under development by negotiating the supply of resources, fiscal and human, and allocating them to the planning, management and implementation of projects aligned to program and budget.
5. Controlling and coaching the development project
• Critically review all relevant elements of the BD project;
• Organize regular BD project meetings, risk assessment meetings and regional review meetings in order to control risks and provide regular and appropriate overview of the BD project to all parties concerned.
6. Documenting the BD project
• Coordinate the preparation of the required BD project documentation by the local BD team;
• Ensure its accuracy and value;
• Ensure it is appropriately communicated.
7. Complying with policies and procedures
• Ensure BD activities are carried out in full compliance with policies, procedures and codes of ethics.
Qualifications & Experience
1. High level degree in economics/engineering and financial training;
2. Previous experience in gas/LNG trading, LNG operations, portfolio management;
3. Current experience in the development of LNG projects: 6-10 years;
4. Sound knowledge of the regulatory environment and processes in China
5. Experience in preparing, negotiating and closing natural gas and LNG SPAs and terminal access agreements
6. Experience in the procurement, sale and / or trading of natural gas / LNG
7. Experience in all aspects of project development including financial, commercial and legal considerations advantageous
8. IT skills especially in Microsoft Office software.
9. Fluency in English and Mandarin mandatory