Area Manager (Agri)
Location: Bloemfontein, Free State, South Africa
Join Africa’s leader in their agricultural division as an Area Manager. This is a great opportunity to merge your insurance and agricultural knowledge.
What will you do?
You will be responsible for increasing and protecting the organisations market share in the agricultural segment through a pro-active and planned marketing strategy. You will be required to attend various public functions, seminars, farmers’ days/shows. You will research emerging farmer markets and investigate the feasibility of projects. As the area manager, you will be responsible to grow the agricultural credit book and provide technical, economic and financial information to the agricultural segment. You will also be responsible for promoting crop insurance and assisting and advising brokers in the preparation of competitive insurance quotes.
Experience required for the role:
• Understand the climatic needs for each crop, as well as the genetic differences between cultivars.
• Able to distinguish the problems regarding weeds, diseases, nutrition, insects etc.
• Understand the need for, and the effective use of equipment and machinery.
Qualification and experience
• Grade 12
• H Dip degree in Agriculture (preferably with horticulture as a subject)
• FAIS compliance: 60 credits Commercial Lines 30 credits and Personal Lines 30 credits
• Driver’s license
• RE 1
• 2 – 3 years’ specialised crop experience from entry-level.