JDA Software Developer is primarily responsible for reviewing technical requirements in developing code modules and assisting in the development, configuration, or modification of software components within various computing environments.
JDA Software Developer is also responsible for assisting in the maintenance of business software solutions to support the operation of released applications and supporting systems integration testing (SIT) and user acceptance testing (UAT).
JDA Developer Job Duties
- Implement standard application functionality or develop custom extensions as needed to meet business requirements.
- Translate functional requirements into technical solutions by means of application configuration and/or custom development.
- Design, develop, document and test application configuration, conversions, interfaces, and extensions.
- Develop, document and execute test plans to assess the integrity of enhancement, configuration or patches.
- Write, code, test, and analyze JDA programs and applications. This includes researching, designing, documenting, and modifying applications throughout the production life cycle.
- Perform detailed technical analysis and capable of documenting functional/technical requirements and system impact to ensure the successful delivery and support of various applications. Work with the business to analyze business processes and system issues and turn them into actionable system changes that benefit the requesting party(s), improve efficiency in operations and overall performance. Interacts directly with business users and conveys technical concepts/solutions in an easy to understand way.
- Lead the design, architecture, and support of solutions. Perform intermediate-level application design, implementation, and maintenance with minimal direction.
- Conduct extensive unit testing of programs and software applications to ensure they will produce the desired information as per the technical and functional requirements. Correct errors by making appropriate changes and then rechecking the program to ensure that the desired results are produced as per the technical and functional requirements.
- Guides or directs work of others who may perform similar or related work. Serves as a mentor/developmental advisor and/or training resource to less experienced staff, providing an example with regard to quality of work.
- Works with manager and Solution Architect/Design for a specific discipline to guide the overall technical direction and strategy of the IT department. Researches new technologies and best practices, advises and recommends changes to existing IT policies, procedures and strategy
Technical Skills/Other Skills and Qualifications:
- Proven ability to develop applications in multiple programming environments is required.
- Expert knowledge of security requirements, web services, service-oriented architecture, design patterns, multi-threaded systems, and automated unit testing.
- Expert knowledge of application development, testing and programming techniques/languages.
BTech. Or any equivalent degree.
- 3 to 5 years' experience implementing JDA applications;
- Strong design and development experience in JDA Demand, Fulfillment & Transportation
- Technical experience working on JDA 7.7 and above, currently in doing 8.1.
- Experience in JDA – Foundation v7.6, 8.x
- Experience in JDA – SCPO v7.6 & above
- Experience in JDA – Demand & Collaborate v7.6 and above
- Experience in JDA – Master Planning v7.6, Enterprise Supply Planning v8.x
- Experience in JDA – Sequencing v7.6 and above
- Experience in JDA – Fulfillment v8.x
- Database Technology – Oracle 11g, 12c
- Experience in JDA – SCPO & Sequencing upgrade from v7.6 to 8.x
- Proficient in writing SQL scripts including PL/SQL
- Proficient in writing Windows command scripts
- Proficient in Java and .Net technology