They are a software house based in Cape Town with a sister company in Belgium. They service clients mainly in the financial services and insurance sectors. They are looking for enthusiastic, passionate and technically strong Java developers to join our team.
As a senior Java developer you will be responsible for Java/Java EE application development and will also provide expertise throughout the entire SDLC from analysis, design, testing and implementation of high quality software solutions. Successful applicants must demonstrate experience building high performing, scalable, enterprise grade solutions through developing and maintaining Java based components and interfaces.
They are seeking individuals with a creative approach to problem solving and a vision for how software can drive change and empower people. They value teamwork in our organisation and you will find yourself being part of a talented team of software experts delivering mission-critical applications. They seek individuals who are passionate about software development, live quality software and are in a position to contribute to coaching and mentoring of other team members in the organisation.
Travel to the USA, Mexico and Europe may be required at times.
- Design and develop high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems, delivering high-availability and performance
- Contribute in all phases of the systems development lifecycle
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code
- Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications
- Prepare and produce releases of software components
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review
Desired skills and Experience:
- 5 years software development experience
- 5 years development and delivery experience with Java
- 5 years development and delivery with the Spring Framework
- Hands on experience in designing, developing and implementing applications using Java EE platforms
- Great OO skills, including strong design patterns knowledge
- Experience in an Agile and Scrum environment
- Experience with Domain Driven Design and Behaviour Driven Development
- Knowledge and experience with software best practices like test driven development and continuous integration.
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies (Hibernate).
- Experience with NoSQL databases such as MongoDB
- Experience with source and version control systems such as Github and Bitbucket
- Experience with cloud computing platforms such as Cloud Foundry, Amazon Web Services and Heroku
- Experience building RESTful web services
- Experience using Apache Tomcat, XML and JSON
Min 3-4yrs experience, salary dependent on experience but roughly R35-60k