The role is based in Athens (Greece)
Our Client, one of the most recognized brand names in the world, is looking for a:
PRODUCT DESIGN MANAGER
Do you have a passion for innovation? As the Product Design Manager, you will be responsible for creating Exceptional Product & Packaging Design solutions that balance consumer needs within technical & manufacturing constraints; you will manage a team of Industrial & Packaging Designers, Researchers & have an essential role aligning with our International Marketing, User Research, Intellectual Property, Engineering & Project Management teams, to develop Superior Products.
· Drive Design Innovation of the future Products & Packages.
· Cross-functional state of mind – Understand the unique perspectives of Marketing, Intellectual Property, Engineering and Manufacturing & work with these teams to launch products successfully.
· Creative problem solver ; forward thinking, seeking out novel solutions.
· Manage the yearly budget & tactical product development portfolio.
· Effectively communicate design concepts as needed.
· Identify innovative & relevant product opportunities to expand our products’ portfolio globally.
· Translate research insights, competitive trends & technical knowledge into clear design briefs.
· Direct & develop the Product Design team, providing inspirational leadership to drive people development, attract top talent & align capabilities with current & future business needs.
· Establish partnerships with key outside resources (suppliers, contractors, academia etc).
· 10+ years of prior experience with product development (pref. personal care, FMCG)
· 5+ years’ experience managing, developing & leading a Product Design team.
· Bachelor's &/or Master's degree in Industrial/ Product Design/Development or related discipline.
· Strong leadership skills, incl. coaching, team-building, career development & conflict resolution.
· Passion for design, strong technical background & a proven understanding of the product development process with the ability to present effectively to all levels of the organization.
· Exceptional portfolio w/ innovative design solutions, storytelling, problem solving & technical mastery.
· Advanced project mgmt. skills incl. time & risk mgmt., resource prioritization & project structuring.
· Experienced in Human-centered design processes/ methodologies & Data-driven design decisions.
· Expert in 2D illustration (Adobe Creative Suite) & 3D CAD software (Rhino & Solid works preferred)
· Understanding of materials, plastic & metal production processes, quality control & manufacturing.
· Leverage data analytics to make strategic product design development decisions.
If interested feel free to contact me in the details below:
Managing Partner Greece & Cyprus, Antal International - Global Recruitment
Mob: +30 697 2484965