Entreprise: CaiNiao Network Technology Co. Ltd (http://www.aliexpress.com/) Affiliated to China Biggest E commerce Group Alibaba
Location :Barcelona or city close to main ports in Spain
Job Title: LOGISTICS DIRECTOR– SPAIN Salaire : 80 K-100k€/yr negotiable
Type of Job: Permanent Contract Estimated starting date: 01/01/2018 ou immédiat
Company Overview :
In 2013 Alibaba group, China's largest e-commerce company, unveiled Cainiao Network Technology Co Ltd to create a logistics network with an initial capital input of 100 billion RMB(US$16.1 billion). It aims to develop an efficient, China-wide parcel-delivery system, is on its way to achieving its goal and plans to be capable of providing next-day delivery of goods ordered from Alibaba’s online marketplaces. Other Cainiao Network shareholders include Fosun Group, major courier companies, China Life Insurance, and CITIC Group.
"The new company is named Cainiao (meaning rookie in Chinese) because we're a group of newcomers in the logistic industry but we will keep learning and grow with other startups," said Shen Guojun, chairman of Yintai Holdings Co and chief executive officer of Cainiao Network.
“The ultimate goal of Cainiao is to make it easy to deliver goods to anywhere,” Tong said, “so that parcels delivered in China can arrive in 24 hours and parcels delivered cross-border can arrive in 72 hours” instead of several days currently for China shipments and days or weeks for international orders.
On the international front, the company has established warehouses in several countries to support Alibaba Group’s cross-border e-commerce efforts. In EU the business has been in France, Netherland, Spain, Germany, etc.
Position attractions :
Cainiao runs a logistics platform and central data-communications network that helps coordinate deliveries with more than 3,000 independent logistics companies located across China and abroad. To support cross-border e-commerce, Cainiao has enlisted the support of 49 international delivery partners who have set up 16 dedicated global delivery routes and 74 warehouses. This cross-border network can handle up to 4 million package deliveries per day, Cainiao estimates.
CaiNiao has also been working with China customs officials in Shanghai, Hangzhou, Ningbo and Guangzhou to ensure faster customs clearance of imported parcels. Customs agencies have been integrated into Cainiao’s data network, which means logistics partners can share information with agencies such as parcel destination, while at the same time, delivery companies can see online when individual parcels have cleared customs.
CaiNiao is planning to be a public listing company in recent 5 years. A chosen candidate may have the opportunity to hold the share options.
Key Responsibilities :
• The logistics director is responsible for Cainiao local team building and goal setting. He will provide vision and roadmap of developing EU (especially countries include Spain, Netherland) e-Commerce logistics network which include fulfilment center, transportation and delivery, customs clearance etc;
• The logistic director is responsible for network (fulfilment center, transportation, final mile solutions) planning and implementation, and drive process optimization and continuous efficiency improvement;
• He needs to develop partnership strategies and integration plan, and measure the partners’ performance;
• The logistics director also needs to link with partners from e-Commerce frontend, functions like invoicing, billing, and customer service, supply chain management team in order to do system development and timely service launching;
Qualification and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in business administration, logistics and supply chain
• +10 years of logistics or supply chain experience including functional knowledge of fulfilment center operation, transportation & delivery, customs clearance etc.
• Network planning and optimization knowledge
• Experience in eCommerce logistics
• Able to achieve desired result in a dynamic business environment
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills
• Global mindset / cultural awareness
• Chinese-speaking and any China-related experience is preferred