Our client is a technology company that designs and markets solutions and services to unlock the value of data for Smart Grid/Smart City, M2M and industrial IoT, in the Internet of Things era.
Its unique competences in low power radio design, network design and device / data management platforms are at the heart of its technological leadership.
Software QA/Test Engineer / Novazzano - Switzerland
The candidate will be in charge of defining, implementing and executing the best validation and testing strategy for complex FW and SW platforms, testing IoT platforms applications, networks, and devices associated with PE IoT products.
The candidate will be part of a small agile SW QA team supporting our team of back-end and front-end engineers as well as firmware and network stack designers.
The person in this role will be able to develop test plans and test cases that run in real-world environments and scenarios as well as in simulated environments.
- Working with engineers on early stage of development cycle define user stories and uses cases to be then mapped in upcoming test frameworks and procedures.
- Working with engineers/producers to define the acceptance criteria of new features and improvements
- Creating, maintaining and executing detailed documentation of test cases for current and upcoming features
- Identifying risks to testing goals and escalating/planning accordingly
- Monitoring, managing and communicating with developers on defects
- Actively cooperate with the engineering team for continuous improvement of software development quality.
- Ensure tests are running in Continuous Integration (CI) model and moving towards Continuous Delivery (CD) goal
- Maintain and improve Software Quality Assurance (SQA) methodologies and frameworks including supporting tools and platforms
- Work in a growing team, involved directly with product management, development and support teams
Qualifications and experiences
- University degree in Computer Science or equivalent discipline;
- Proven experience on automated test development and building automation test libraries
- Solid understanding of test methodologies and iterative development
- Knowledge and experience on software engineering methodologies: lifecycle, quality assurance, continuous integration and continuous deployment technologies, source control management, coding standards, code reviews, Agile methodology;
- Knowledge of IoT platforms, networking, embedded applications is a plus
- Prior working experience with Load/Performance Tools, and API testing tools is a plus.
- Understanding of micro-services oriented architecture and its impact on testing strategies
- Expertise with cloud infrastructures is a plus
- Experience in compatibility/usability testing
- Experience with Software Quality Assurance (SQA) tools and techniques, and bug tracking systems
- Sense of ownership towards product quality
- Flexible, able to prioritise activities and managing time efficiently, meeting the deadlines
- Excellent problem solving approach, high level of commitment and ability to manage pressure
- Able to work cross-functionally in dynamic and international environments and to work effectively and independently with all levels of the organization
- The opportunity to work in a highly dynamic multinational environment, interacting with different cultures and nationalities
- The unique experience of cooperating on very innovative technological projects, sharing knowledge and expertise with high talented professionals
- International and vibrant working environment positioned at the frontier of Switzerland