Job Title: Manager Strategy & Innovation
Reports To: Director of Strategy & Innovation
Client: Banking Institution
Salary: Competitive Package/Salary
The Manager Strategy & Innovation will be responsible for conducting research aimed at improving current products and/or generating ideas for new products/services improvements or innovations while ensuring alignment with the Bank’s Strategic Business Plans.
OWN PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Create, evaluate and analyze proposals for new business ideas/lines or products/services improvement so that only realistic ideas are implemented.
- Manage projects for implementation of new ideas to ensure on-time delivery in line with budget expectations.
- Conduct post-launch assessment of newly implemented initiatives to ensure they are properly executed.
- Lead the design of analytical tools to ensure ideas are properly filtered and analyzed.
- Enhance and support staff continuous learning in order to cultivate the organization’s innovation capacity.
- Review and generate growth and revenue strategies for the Bank.
- Translating research findings and analytics and recommend initiatives for effective use of Bank’s resources and performance improvement.
- Lead the design of the key performance management tools including internal tracking systems to ensure that Bank’s goals are attained.
- Review, develop, consolidate and maintain the Bank’s Strategy Plans.
- Review of market and economic trends to assess the impacts of the same on the Bank’s Strategic Plans.
- Communicate strategies, business updates, new ideas regarding innovations, pilots for organizational awareness.Set timeframe and processes for review of the Strategic Plan and advice on redevelopment in the run up to the next strategic period
Direct Entry Qualification
The ideal candidate should be a holder of a Bachelor’s degree in any of the following discipline; Business Administration, Statistics, IT, Accounting, Economics, Finance or any business related field with at least 5+ years experience in product management, strategy, market research, consulting and or operational leadership position.
- Experience in developing and generating insights from complex analytical models to estimate business potentials.
- Experience in digital and Banking transformation
- Experience in managing or operating a Fintech will be an added advantage.
- Strong leadership and communication skills to work with senior management across the Bank.
- Strong people development and influencing skills; able to build and drive extended and virtual teams.
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use hard data and metric to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions through clearly communicating data insights to others.
- Knowledge of mathematical/statistical principles.
- Strong attention to detail and execution skills.
- Data driven – should be able to break down problems and make decisions based on data
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude.
- Technological savviness.
- Proven project management and process improvement skills.
- Strong computer skills
- Proven planning skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
The candidate must be able to demonstrate the following personal attributes:
- Strong conceptualization ability.
- Operate with the highest degree of integrity, confidence and humility.
- Flexible, ambitious and eager to listen and learn.
- Demonstrate sound work ethics.