Job Title: Relationship Manager - Corporate Banking
Location: Zanzibar, Tanzania
Salary: Excellent / Competitive Package
Responsible to cultivating and developing business relationships with clientele from the bank’s
segmental market. Their major role is to develop and implement sales strategies and plans to drive
balance sheet growth and revenue generation for the Bank
- Identify and develop new business proposals efficiently and expeditiously to ensure that potential new business opportunities with existing and new clients are exploited to achieve budgets.
- Assess and recommend high quality credit facilities for clients and potential clients and thereafter oversee completion of all related security documentation with a view to maximizing earnings and minimizing bad debts. The full process to be handled in a professional and efficient manner and in conformity with Credit Policy requirements.
- Initiate and monitor Customer/Bank contact at all levels for assigned clients to ensure highest standards of service are maintained. Proactive client relationship management to ensure that all loan covenants are complied with at all times and services delivery to customers is flawless. Ring-fence existing business to avoid attrition to competition.
- Train, direct and motivate assigned staff (Credit Analysts) in order to assist in meeting customer requirements and to increase their efficiency, competence and productivity.
- Generally ensure continued safety and quality of loans and advances portfolio by regularly auditing all security documentation and inspecting assets charged. Carry out facility reviews timely and resolve audit queries within allocated timeframe. Manage daily account excesses and arrears positions to ensure that account conduct is at all times within acceptable standard.
- To improve the credit rating profile of assigned lending portfolio, in particular to upgrade watch list accounts to risk rating “1”.
- Sourcing of market information and monitoring of product development and pricing of competitors and assisting in development of innovative financial packaging for clients, to counter competitive pressures.
- Collect and analyse vital data on client’s i.e. annual reports, management accounts, interim reports, industry reports and all press cuttings e.t.c. to acquire in-depth knowledge which will enable you to act as adviser to management on all aspects of assigned accounts relationships.
- To act as efficient back up for assigned back-up relationships or any other assigned duty.
- Preferred Qualification and Experience:
At least a holder of a degree from a recognised institution;
Experience Description: 5 years’ Relationship Management experience of which 2-3 years must have been in Corporate Banking role within the business market;
Experience in writing motivating and concluding complex lending deals for Corporate Banking customers
Experience in dealing with business customers at all levels and in managing business relationships;
People management experience in leading teams and motivating people.