Do you have hands on experience in livestock/dairy farming, husbandry management with different breeds of animals? Handling all responsibility from daily operations, staff management, biosecurity processing and handling all machines/equipment involved, maintenance, annual budgeting, reporting, development, breeding and production planning. One of the leading Group of Company in UAE is looking to hire a Farm / Livestock Manager, the position is equivalent to an Assistant General Manager role.
Qualification : Degree in Animal Production, Animal Science or Biology is a must.
To expedite, please share CV's to Sunita Mehrolia at Smehrolia@antal.com
Role & Responsibility :
Responsible for overseeing the daily financial and physical performance and operations of the farm through sustained leadership, management, technical and business skills.
- Responsible for implementing the short- and long-term business plans, for driving the business and working with the farm team to ensure the farm's success and optimizing the business performance and profitability in line with business strategy, company policy and direction
- Work with the CEO to develop the business plan and annual budget
- Operate and manage the ET/IVF breeding programs of the Farm
- Oversee Dairy and Livestock production (meat and milk) as per the production plan
- Provide technical advice on issues raised pertaining to livestock, dairy etc.
- Oversee and monitor seasonal expenditure in line with the budgeted cash flow
- Source and maintain an International network of Suppliers
- Liaise with key local & international professionals e.g. vet, fertilizer rep, stock agents and contractors to ensure smooth operation of the farm
- Oversee the development, review and management of repairs and maintenance for the farm, its machinery and infrastructure
- Ensure all relevant company policies are understood and adhered to Feed production management
- Oversee feed budgeting and negotiate feed contracts to achieve production targets