Position: Operations Manager Sea Freight
The Operations Manager’s primary job is to manage day to day functioning of the department and ensure customer service excellence by providing leadership and ensuring effective planning, direction and coordination of the activities of the team leaders in the department (incl. sea export, sea import, road and projects). Reporting to the General Manager Sea Freight and serving as a member of MENA Management Team. Working with the management team, the position contributes to the development and implementation of organizational strategies, policies and practices.
The person should be responsible to keep updated the reporting manager about daily activities and escalate issues if any.
- Responsible for supervising the day to day activities of the department
- Taking ownership on assigned accounts / tasks from operational and customer service point of view
- Ensure all queries and complaints are investigated and responded to promptly, from both internal and external customers and suppliers.
- Establish effective communication and develop relationships with customer, contractors, network offices and any other stakeholders
- Ensure that workload and tasks are well organized, and deadlines are met within the team
- Manage and drive achievement of team operations KPIs (such as job count, volume, profit margin, invoicing speed) as well as KPIs agreed with the clients and take corrective actions when needed
- Analyze the department’s productivity, financial results, customer development and take actions for improvement on the same
- Provide guidance to the team and inspire them for maximum performance
- Defining, developing and discussing strategies, policies or other information from top management to the lower level
- Ensure smooth work flow and process flow between the departments by demonstrating close collaboration