Our client is one of the largest Multinational Pharmaceutical / Medical Devices companies in the world. We are are looking for a Legal & Compliance Counsel for MEA region.
We are seeking a solution-oriented, collaborative, practical attorney who will partner with the business to enable achievement of business objectives in a compliant manner and in accordance with our company values. This position will be located in Dubai, UAE and report into Legal and Compliance for EMEA, which is part of a world-class global legal organization. You will provide legal and compliance advice and offer compliant alternatives and solutions for our businesses and employees in the Middle East and Africa, including in our hub in Dubai. In this role, you meet regularly with country and division Senior Leadership and are expected to advise on risks and collaborate with all levels in the organization.
- Structure and negotiate commercial contracts, tenders, partnership arrangements and service agreements;
- Advise on Channel Partner (e.g., sales agent and distributor) sales models, practices and post-termination issues;
- Negotiate facilities and banking contracts and A/R credit recovery;
- Develop efficient legal processes that appropriately mitigate risk for innovative business and commercial deals models;
- Advise and train on anti-corruption compliance, health care provider iteractions and the MecoMed Code;
- Partner with Global Compliance to drive our Compliance Program within the geographies represented;
- Help the business structure new deal models and entity or selling structures;
- Consult with HR and outside counsel on employment matters in the region;
- Advise on export and import laws, customs regulations and licensing;
- Manage outside counsel strategy and spend in the region;
- Participate in Global Legal Department meetings and projects, including consistency and efficiency initiatives with the EMEA Legal & Compliance Department.
- Qualified to practice law in UAE
- Minimum 6 years of legal experience
- Direct experience advising Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology or Medical Device companies, this experience may have been acquired as in-house counsel or from law firm
- Must be comfortable working directly with high-energy, innovative business clients and be able to clearly articulate positions
- Must be able to operate and make decisions autonomously
- Moderate travel
- Language: fluent in Arabic and English