I. Company Introduction:
Our client, BGF Industries(a subsidiary of the Porcher Groupe), is a leading US manufacturer of high performance fabrics and materials serving the Aerospace, Marine, Filtration, Insulation, Automotive, Electrical/energy, Protection, Medical and Construction industries.
Now it seeks a Global Marketing manager, responsible for maximizing firms' international market share and profits, being aware of global market trends and developing products that meet international demands.
Today, with sales of over $150M, BGF employs 800 people at six facilities in three states. Its manufacturing facilities are located in Virginia and South Carolina and Corporate Headquarters is located in Greensboro, NC. A new R&D facility is located in Danville, VA.
II. Job General scope.
The Global Marketing manager is responsible for maximizing firms' international market share and profits. Working in the field of global marketing requires being aware of global market trends and developing products that meet international demands.
The Global marketing manager mains responsibilities includes:
- Establish competitive and profitable pricing strategies.
- Corner stone between product management, R&D and senior management to insure any enablers to deliver our business plan and to track/challenge budgets.
- Tactical and strategic management of Automotive and Aerospace portfolio of products by working in close relation with cross-SBU platforms (R&D, Engineering, Central Marketing …) from conception through development, implementation and launch.
- Analyzing all aspects of Porcher’s current Automotive and Aerospace product offers, including marketing plans, competitive position, pricing, promotions and manufacturing and distribution partners.
This role reports to the Global Automotive and Aerospace SBU Head, member of Senior Leadership Team, located in France
III. Qualification requirement:
- High school diploma, general education degree, business and marketing MBA or equivalent with technical background
- Minimum 7-10 years experiences in operational marketing and sales Ideally working in a material-driven domain (composites, plastics, interiors systems, thermal/acoustical insulation), From tier1/tier2 in automotive.
- Creative, generating new and innovative ideas - Competitive and decisive by nature
- Highly focused, detail-oriented, and very conscientious of meeting budget restraints and timelines - Data driven
- Strong relationship building and interpersonal skills, great at establishing connection,
- Strong predisposition for active listening, present well, communicate efficiently, articulate well verbally and written, good influencing skills – Customer focus
- Autonomy. - Adaptability, flexibility: adapt easily to new markets & technologies
- Strong team player in an international environment, good at collaborating
- Orient plans & actions to create value and satisfaction to customers, commercial acumen, anticipate objections and identify win win opportunities with customers.
- Up to travel 50% Globally (NA, Asia, Europe…)
IV. Job responsibilities / Mission
- Lead cross-functional teams in executing tactical and strategic objectives as part of the Automotive and Aerospace strategy
- Support the SBU Head by production of regional KPI’s, steering tool of the SBU.
- Project management oriented.
- High appetence in business development. strong hunting approach to open R&D/Innovation doors at tiers1 and OEM and position him/herself in a strategic marketing approach. “first seller” to to promote and assess market responsiveness for new solutions.
- Agile in “make or buy” strategy and market intelligence thinking process.
- Administer and monitor all marketing and P&Ls budgets to monitor marketing progress against budget and goals
- Perform market research and competitive analysis, including positioning, pricing/rate plans, sales strategy and market share forecast to assist in defining the strategy for the Automotive and Aerospace product portfolio.
- Develop marketing requirements and product specifications for the product development, network and systems operations teams to design and develop products and solutions.
- Develop detailed business case(s), market demand description, product definition, features and functionality for executive presentations and roadmap decision making
- Manage product readiness level ensuring that all organizations are prepared to launch products and services
- Creation and/or maintenance of technical, user, and marketing documentation for internal and external use with a strong support of Central Communication Team.
- Provide support to internal and external sales teams via technical presentations, sales training material, product demonstrations,
- Serve as primary repository for feature enhancement requests and by coordination with Tech Support & Product management team.