Enterprise: BGF Industries (www.bgf.com) affiliated to Porcher Group(https://www.porcher-ind.com/en)-Antal International is retained to recruit for this position
Location: Danville – Virginia (VA)
Title: TECHNICAL SERVICE MANAGER - HEAD OF AMERICAS – Textiles/Composites
Salary: competitive + Variable Bonus linked to Group and individual targets - Comprehensive medical benefits coverage - Health care and dependent care spending accounts - 401(k) retirement plans
Type of Job: FTE - Permanent
Estimated starting date: : Q4/2019 or immediate
1. Job General scope
The Technical Service Manager – Heads of AMERICAS plays a key role by managing a local team of specialists and experts.
- Manage the technical support AMERICAS team(3-4 ppls)
- Prioritize the technical support projects, related to the SBUs strategies
- Provides support to the sales force as well as clients/prospects in the choice of technical solution of the portfolio responding to a defined need if needed.
- Provides after-sales technical support to clients in the case of problems requiring technical support for resolution. Transfer to the Quality Department who coordinates in the case of non-compliance.
- Provides support to Quality Department to identify and solve problems if needed.
Belongs to the global shared technological platform and report to Global Head of R&D (Located in France)
2. Job responsibilities / Mission
- the interface with the customer to identify and clarify needs, establish specifications with the sales manager, coordinate prototypes preparation (based on in-house technologies of TRL>6), assist the client/prospect in the implementation and qualification of new products in compliance with quality standards.
- Provides support to customers in their need for industrial optimization.
- Is the interface with the customer for re-qualification of a product/process coordinated by the Product Manager.
- Is the interface with the customer for qualification of a raw material (yarns, chemical product… ).
- Provide input documents to R&D if the technical project become an R&D project.
DETAILS OF THE FUNCTION
- Respect the safety policy - Respects quality procedures and quality standards.
- Research and identify solutions for the customer or identify internal improvement to bring the right technical answer to the customer
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues
- Ask customers targeted questions to quickly understand the root of the problem
- Talk clients through a series of actions, either via phone, email or chat, until they’ve solved a technical issue
- Properly escalate unresolved issues to appropriate internal teams.
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers in accordance with sales people in charge of the customer.
- Refer to internal or external resources to provide accurate tech solutions
- Ensure all issues are properly logged
- Prioritize and manage several open issues at one time
- Prepare accurate and timely reports: weekly and monthly
- Manage the pipeline Technical Support AMERICAS
- Document technical knowledge in the form of notes and manuals
- Maintain good relationships with clients.
3. Qualification requirement:
- Engineering/Material background in material/Composites/Textile with previous Technical Service (TS) experience of 5 years
- Expertise on reinforcements (glass, carbon and synthetic) and composites-oriented thermoplastic
- Mobility, agility and reactivity.
- Ability to communicate and to listen client/prospect
- Ability to adapt to new and varied applications areas for customers and prospects
- Strong interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Strong Leadership-Process/Project oriented
- Proficient in both written and spoken – Spanish/French would be a plus.
- Healthy and can handle 30-50% business travel time.
4. Company introduction:
BGF Industries is a leading US manufacturer of high-performance fabrics and materials serving the Aerospace, Marine, Filtration, Insulation, Automotive, Electrical/energy, Protection, Medical and Construction industries.
BGF was the first weaver of fiberglass textiles beginning in 1941 as Burlington Glass Fabrics.
In 1988, BGF became a subsidiary of the Porcher Groupe of Badinieres, France.
Today, with sales of over $150M, BGF employs 800 people at six facilities in three states. The manufacturing facilities are located in Virginia and South Carolina and the Corporate Headquarters and R&D facility is located in Greensboro, NC. Our 2,000 items plus product line is sold through sales and distribution channels across the globe