Job Title: Digital Data Architect
Location: New Jersey
Salary: Competitive Salary Package + Benefits
Candidate will assist business leaders, IT, and Strategist in driving next generation cloud-based solutions driven by client’s strategic digital initiatives.
This position provides digital data management expertise and direction to Commercial data and analytics function, helping clients revolutionize the way they leverage data and the cloud to build new analytics capabilities and advanced models to get therapies in the hands of those in need.
This role may own the design of data lakes and pipes supporting a Commercial organization, including architecture for ingestion, modeling, schema, metadata, quality, validation and ensuring data is optimized for analysis and ready for new learning models to be applied. Drive serverless concepts where possible and architect for flexibility and scale. Need to enable Commercial business users and analysts to be able to discover data relevant to answer business questions quickly and in an agile manner., The Company is investing in data science practices and projects and this role will allow data scientists to explore, develop and leverage new models to tackle difficult business problems that help achieve Company’s goal of getting the medical benefit of therapies to the patients in need.
- Responsible for leadership and deep technical expertise in the data and analytics function by developing a comprehensive data architecture that matches client's commercial strategy and vision.
- Strong domain understanding of US Commercial data sets in key areas such as Oncology or Specialty Therapeutics
- Firm understanding for the ways data is collected, modelled and used all over the Commercial organization.
- Experience collaborating with Solutions, API and Security architects to design and build a robust cloud-based data platform.
- Experience defining domain data models and makes sure that all data, regardless of the use case, is managed according to the agreed rules and processes.
- Experience working in MarTech in Healthcare/Life Sciences
- Experience creating master data governance framework, including a data governance strategy, approach, and roadmap for the data relevant to the Commercial organization aligning with the enterprise master data governance strategy and working in collaboration with enterprise architects.
- Extensive experience establishing a data dictionary and authoritative sources for the core data elements
- Responsible for describing enterprise data lifecycle policy and ensuring that is used properly as per the defined rules.
- Experience designing and building data lakes to support the data and analytics needs of the Commercial organization.
- Experience lead teams of data engineers and integration developers to create data pipelines and model new data sets into the data lakes and data warehousing systems.
- Optimize the data architecture to enable quick data discovery using a diverse set of BI tools.
- Partner with various teams i.e. Strategy and Operations, Data Management, Patient Services and Managed Markets to understand and collect their data and enable federated access to the relevant data.
- Experience using data discovery and data mining techniques to acquire data from different sources like the MDM, CRM, Marketing Automation Platforms, sales and prescription and other similar data sources to help derive business value from the data.
- Partner with and other enterprise data functions to drive the long-term development of commercial data infrastructure, including data warehousing, reporting, and analytics platforms.
- Proven work experience of working as a data architect for 8+ years. Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Medical Device, or Healthcare industry experience is preferred.
- 5+ years of overall experience in building and managing data technology platforms across any of the 3 cloud technologies: AWS, Azure or Google Cloud
- Experience with Azure Common Data Model and Data platform is a big plus
- Experience implementing enterprise data lakes
- Knowledge of Commercial business processes in the pharmaceutical industry including Sales operations, Marketing, Patient Services and Managed Markets along with the data sets involved would be an added advantage
- Strong understanding of cloud data architecture in any of the major cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP)