Job Title: General Counsel - Atlanta
Client: A multinational robotics firm
Location: Alphretta-Georgia, USA
Salary: 150,000.00 USD
General Counsel- JD :
As General Counsel, you will be our principal legal and compliance officer . You will have primary responsibility for our global legal strategy and services and the management of legal risk across the companies global operations. You will be a member of our senior management team and serve as strategic counsel to our leadership team and Board.
Among your essential responsibilities, as leader of our global legal and compliance function, will be to:
1. Manage, counsel on and negotiate complex legal and business transactions with customers, partners and suppliers, including agreements for equipment supplies and services; software and IP licensing; and sales and partnerships.
2. Supervise the legal protection of all of the companies IP, including through crafting and managing our IP strategy and overseeing litigation matters globally.
3. Be responsible for maintaining the compliance of our robotics, logistics and software products in accordance with prevailing safety and quality regulations, standards and certification requirements across the globe (non-exhaustive examples include ISO certifications, TS, Machinery Directives, CE/UL, GDPR, etc.).
4. Support our senior leadership team and business teams by providing guidance and counsel as to compliance with all applicable laws and regulations, as well as staying abreast of legal, legislative developments and other trends that may impact our business.
5. Serve as a chief legal advisor to senior management on all fundamental business transactions including acquisitions, divestitures, JVs and capital-raises and all litigation and disputes.
6. Advise on executive compensation, benefits and employment law matters to ensure statutory and regulatory compliance.
7. Serve as our lead representative with outside counsel, including in their evaluation and selection and ensure their alignment with our business objectives.
8. Prepare budgetary and development plans for our legal function, to ensure the alignment of resources with our overall business objectives.
9. Be among the lead officers in defining and developing our corporate policies, procedures and training programs, as well as have primary responsibility for managing all aspects of our ethics and corporate compliance functions.
1. Leadership experience, including in-house GC-experience.
2. Deep understanding of IP regulations and strategy.
3. Superior technical-drafting and negotiation skills.
4. Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to communicate at all levels of the organization.
5. Ability to prioritize demands from multiple business units in a fast-paced environment.
6. Having the highest ethical, moral and personal values.
7. Regular domestic and international travel may be required.
Education and Experience:
1. 10-15 years experience, including experience both at a prominent international law firm and in-house.
2. Educational Requirement : J.D. (or J.D. equivalent).
3. Admitted to practice in New York, California or similar jurisdiction.
4. Substantial experience of formulating IP strategy and managing IPs portfolios and handling of IP- and technology-related litigation matters, as well as complex commercial and corporate transactional matters.
5. Experience of advising management teams and boards of directors on corporate governance and other strategic matters.