Job Title: Regional Accountant - Atlanta
Client: Multinational Robotic Company
Location: Georgia, USA (Greater Atlanta)
Salary: 65,000.00 USD
Job Description: Regional Accountant
We are looking for a Regional Accountant for our US subsidiary.
The successful applicant will report directly to the Head of Finance at Head Office.
The primary task of the Regional Accountant is the preparation and maintenance of accurate financial records, and to support the analysis thereof to drive decision making for the institution.
1. Drives on-time supplier payments, reviewing supporting documentation, and requesting disbursements.
2. Drives on-time employee reimbursements by ensuring policies have been duly followed, reviewing supporting documentation, and requesting disbursements.
3. Review and upload bank payments.
4. Ensure Purchase Orders by ensuring procurement processes have been duly followed
5. Issue Sales Invoices to customers and provide visibility to Account managers for collection.
6. Ensures transactions are supported by appropriate documentation, and updation of accounting entries in SAP.
7. Completion of month end close in accordance with the close timetable.
8. Work with consultants to ensure completion and timely filing of monthly/quarterly/annual VAT returns.
9. Completion and timely filing of corporate income tax (CIT) returns.
10. Support HQ finance team on relevant audit queries related to the region during group statutory audit.
11. Support global and regional process improvement initiatives.
12. Work with regional business team to forecast revenue.
13. Ensures integrity of accounting records by adherence to policies, procedures and internal controls, as well as providing recommendations for improvement.
14. Ensures preservation and safe custody of company assets by adherence to policies, procedures and internal controls, as well as providing recommendations for improvement.
15. Ensures compliance with accounting standards by studying existing and new standards, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
16. Ensures financial information remains confidential.
17. Perform ad-hoc tasks / project work as required.
18. Maintain strong relationships with local service providers, advisors and auditors.
19. Maintain strong internal relationships with HQ finance team.
1. Min Bachelor of Commerce Degree or Bachelor of Finance Degree
2. 3-5 years’ experience
3. Experience in cost control, financial analysis, strong experience in MS Excel and head office reporting preferred