Enterprise: Porcher Industries/BGF Industries(Antal is retained to recruit for this position)
Location: Home Office – Baltimore (Maryland) or Philadelphia (Pennsylvania).
Job General scope
The Technical Sales Manager is responsible for developing and maintaining a customer base sufficient to meet assigned market share and sales volume goals. Increases revenues by developing relationships, following-up on sales leads, generating quotes and obtaining orders from customers.
Porcher Industries/BGF is looking for a dynamic person who is customer orientated with solid technical background.
This role will involve regular travel and customer visit Eastern part of the US.* The successful candidate will need to have tenacity to maintain this on a long-term basis. Therefore, it is important that they have the capability to use their own initiative and work independently.*
The successful candidate will be expected to understand the technical nature of the product and about process.
This position reports to Head of Sales, Americas, Industry SBU
- Maintains product and system technical knowledge by studying pertinent information as it becomes available, or when research is required to address a particular situation.
- Generates sales by prospecting for opportunities, building relationships, serving customer needs, and professional performance of business processes.
- Develops and implements customer account sales plans designed to bring value to the customer’s firm.
- Serves customers by answering inquires and responding to special requests.
- Maintains competitive advantage through knowledge of competitor’s activity and advancements.
- Responds to customer needs by identifying needs, generating quotes and closing orders.
- Maintains records of sales, customer information and performance.
- Increases effectiveness by utilizing inside support advantageously.
- Maintains customer satisfaction by investigating concerns, implementing corrective action and communicating with customers and staff as needed.
- Communicates customer perceptions by gathering customer feedback and sharing information with management.
- Brings value to owners, engineers, contractors, and other customers by suggesting better solutions.
- Works closely as a team member with other parts of the business.
- Flexibility to work overtime/weekends, as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Chemistry from an accredited four-year college or university. (College diploma with rich experiences can be considered).
- 5 years’ experience with a proven track record of sales growth and new business capture with technical products.
- Technical textiles preferred with medical supply and/or energy industry specific experience also preferred.
- Strong network in Industry
- Strengths: customer & solutions oriented, open, autonomous, interpersonal skills, available
- Verbal and written communication skills,sales skills and product knowledge
- %50 to %70 travel required(Eastern part of US),some international travel required
BGF Industries is a leading US manufacturer of high performance fabrics and materialsserving the Aerospace, Marine, Filtration, Insulation, Automotive, Electrical/energy, Protection, Medical and Construction industries.
BGF was the first weaver of fiberglass textiles beginning in 1941 as Burlington Glass Fabrics.
In 1988, BGF became a subsidiary of the Porcher Groupe of Badinieres, France.
Today, with sales of over $150M, BGF employs 800 people at six facilities in three states. Our manufacturing facilities are located in Virginia and South Carolina and our Corporate Headquarters and R&D facility is located in Greensboro, NC. Our 2,000 items plus product line is sold through sales and distribution channels across the globe