For a luxury 5 star hotel in Venice, we are looking for a
Groups & Events Manager
- Direct receipt, qualification and coordination of event & group requests (incl. leads, RFPs, etc.) defined by their direct supervisor.
- Handle requests according to the relevant standards within a maximum of 5 (business) hours of its receipt.
- Ensure the ideal and most effective utilisation of the meeting and conference rooms.
- Carry out site inspections with potential MICE clients in coordination with the Field Sales department.
- Realise up sell possibilities to meet and surpass G&E budget goals.
- Thoroughly input, supervise and maintain the requests in the Opera S&C System according to the data input standards.
- Create activities to ensure ongoing maintenance of bookings.
- Generate proper proposals and contracts.
- Follow up on sent out proposals within 24 hours (1 working day) to ensure the client has received the information and to clarify possible questions and issues.
- Handle the enquiries until conversion to definite bookings including negotiation, contracting, and site inspection before handing over to the Colleagues.
- Ensure a proper handover of the converted business to the G&E Colleagues with all relevant information forwarded.
- Conduct exit interview with important customer after their event – asking for future business.
- Cross-sell to other hotels within the company.
- Conduct regular competition checks.
- Review monthly results and forecasts to recommend and execute activities required to ensure the hotel increases the market share and maximises its revenue.
Requirements for the position:
- 3 year experience in the same position or within the G&E Department, preferably in luxury international hotels;
- English: excellent oral and written skills;
- knowledge of Opera Pms and Sales & Catering is beneficial;
- excellent organisational and coordination skills;
- knowledge of F&B and other operational departments;
- strong leadership;
- business development oriented;
- proactive in new promotions, packages and processes;
- excellent communication skills.