Enterprise: Worldwide Leader in petrochemical
Location: Office in Vienna - Austria
Home based (Candidates willing to relocated to Vienna can receive relocation support)
Title: EU Technical Support Manager - SBS/Synthetic rubbers
Salary Package: Attractive salary as a fix part +Variable,+Travel expenses / Mobile/Computer - Relocation package (if needed).
Type of Job: FTE - Permanent
Estimated starting date: Q4/2019 or Immediate
I. Company introduction:
Our client is the largest petrochemical company in Russia.
The legal entity in Austria is an export subsidiary of our client that arranges sales and deliveries of the Group’s products to Europe and Asia.
Our client purchases hydrocarbons and processes them into plastics, rubbers and other high value-added products to deliver state-of-the-art technological solutions and improve people’s lives.
II. Job General scope.
Our client is growing now at a rapid pace, and we are in search of candidates for the position of EU Technical Support Manager - SBS/Synthetic rubbers, This position will sign contract with the export subsidiary of Group in Austria that arranges delivery of the Group’s products to Europe and Asia. This position will report Head of Technical support, based in HQ in Moscow and SI Chief Executive officer – administratively
Mains responsibilities will be:
- Customer’s technical service before and after sales: such as application guidance, and certifications updating;
- Troubleshooting of rubber materials and processing issues: timely assist customers by solving product quality problems during manufacturing (especially unstable quality caused by varying raw material quality)
- Pro-actively investigate and resolve customer problems and complaints; provide further support to solve site problems related to application or product quality in case customers cannot handle on site; provide HQ technical support team with the report in English of all customers problems and complaints;
- Introduction of commercial and new products (TPE-s, ) by visiting customers and participating in technical seminars;
- Collaboration within cross-functional/multidisciplinary teams, such as R&D, Marketing, Manufacturing, etc. to ensure activities toward existing/new products and to provide technical support;
- Develop effective customer relationships to identify unmet needs and create projects to fulfil them;
- Gather data, generate reports and make analysis of customer satisfaction;
- Localization of known commercial products/formulas available in EU, as required by the business, find the right applications for different grades;
- Advice for Product improvements to suit the local market/standards/available raw mater;
- Ensure effective communication with other teams to make sure new product can be developed, manufactured and applied in the right way;
- Lead new product test in customers and site application;
- Ensure test reports, technical data sheets;
- Good documentation of product formulation, while ensuring confidentiality;
- Evaluate competitor's product, point out the strength and weaknesses for own vs competitor's products -- provide report to Marketing as reference and know where to improve our product.
- Degree in Chemical Engineering/Chemical Technology or related fields;
- With 5+ years of successful experience in SBS/Composite and adhesives products manufacturing/technical support the roofing/ pavement and compounds/adhesives industries;
- Self-motivated individual with strong communication skills and multitasking abilities;
- Strong knowledge of research and chemical processing, familiar with SBS properties, certifications, various final applications and synthetic rubbers processing methods
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple simultaneous issues from different customers;
- Excellent problem solving and report writing skills;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Willingness to expand knowledge base. Readiness for cooperation and teamwork;
- Willingness to business trips;
- Fluent English.