Reporting to the Brewery Manager, you will be responsible for providing dedicated technical support to the Brewing department and acting as key point of contact for all business critical projects within the department including utilities across the brewery.
- Ensures compliance with internal SLA’s, corporate standards and local governance
- Ensure support to department operational performance through daily, weekly and monthly KPI reporting and presenting
- Support department in problem solving using our World Class Manufacturing tools
- Support the continuous improvement and root cause analysis processes
- Lead improvement initiatives and follow up innovation activities
- Responsible for minor and major Capital Expenditure target realisation as defined by the CapEx plan
- Interface with equipment and material suppliers in co-ordination with internal Brewery Support team
- Prepare and manage the Brewing and Utilities maintenance budget and be accountable for maintenance cost optimization
- Manage the capital projects budgets for department, co-ordinating all submission requests and allocation of funds through to project completion
- Accountable for Maintenance core working capital and accuracy for Brewing and Utilities
- Ensure continuous improvement to consumption of energy and utilities within department
- Manage the skills profiles and training plans to ensure development of your team
- Manage the relationship with the union and department representatives where appropriate
Key Skills, Knowledge & Competencies
- Ensures effective management of challenging industrial relations issues
- Ensures effective management of significant change issues
- Contributes excellent knowledge of manufacturing principles, tools and techniques and project management principles
- Ensures successful delivery of process improvement initiatives
- Ensures effective management of a complex large department including department performance management.
- Acts as a role model for the ten principles ensure that the culture within the department is aligned to the ten principles
- Sound knowledge of the maintenance process
- Strong organisation skills using a highly structured and systematic approach to delivering business solutions to deadlines through VPO methodology
- Ability to work on own initiative and prioritize workload effectively
- Strong influencer, able to challenge management and staff where appropriate
- Charismatic and dynamic, someone who will walk the floor and talk openly to staff, able to motivate and communicate effectively
- Highly results focused, and with a strong attention to detail
- Commercially aware, and able to understand budgets
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Highly structured and systematic approach to delivering business solutions
- Excellent team player, able to develop strong relationships with colleagues and peers
Key Experience and Qualifications:
- Experience managing a multi-disciplined engineering function
- Production and Utilities experience in a management role
- Engineering qualification – degree or equivalent in a related discipline preferred.
We are the leading global brewer and one of the world’s top five consumer products companies. Beer, the original social network, has been bringing people together for thousands of years and our portfolio of well over 200 beer brands continues to forge strong connections with consumers. A truly consumer-centric, sales driven organization, we hold the No. 1 or No. 2 market positions across 19 countries.
Headquartered in Leuven, Belgium, and geographically diversified with a balanced exposure to developed and developing markets, our company leverages the collective strengths of its approximately 155,000 employees based in 25 countries worldwide. In 2013, we realised 43.2 billion USD revenue. The company strives to be the Best Beer Company Bringing People Together For a Better World. We work through six operational Zones; North America, Latin America North, Latin America South, Mexico, Europe and Asia Pacific, allowing our consumers around the world to enjoy our beer.