Starting a new job can be an exciting and nerve-wracking experience. The first 60 days are crucial in setting the tone for your performance and establishing a positive reputation with your colleagues and supervisors. Therefore, it is essential to make the most of this period by taking the necessary steps to succeed in your new role.
Congratulations on starting a new job! Here are 6 tips to help you ace the first 60 days:
- Be Punctual and Reliable: Arrive on time, meet your deadlines, and follow through on your commitments. It's important to establish a reputation as someone who can be relied on to get things done.
- Build Positive Relationships: Take the time to get to know your co-workers and build relationships with them. Be friendly, respectful, and approachable, and try to find common ground with others.
- Observe and Learn: Take the time to observe how things work in the company, learn about the company culture, and understand your role and responsibilities. Ask questions, take notes, and be open to feedback.
- Be Proactive: Look for opportunities to contribute and add value to the team. Take on additional responsibilities and offer to help others when needed. Show initiative and enthusiasm for your work.
- Be a Good Listener: Listen carefully to your colleagues and try to understand their perspectives. Be receptive to feedback and be willing to make adjustments based on it.
- Show Gratitude: Remember to show gratitude to those who have helped you along the way. Thank your colleagues for their help and support, and show appreciation for the opportunities you have been given.
By following these tips, you can make a positive impression in your new job and set yourself up for success in the long term. Good luck!
- Articulating strengths & weaknesses in interviews - with examples By Antal International
- Top 5 questions to ask an interviewer! By Antal International
- Step Seven: Gain Valuable Experience – A Lifelong Commitment to Career Success By Jim Foster
- The Best Tech Companies to work for in 2023 By Antal International