Section 1: Job Applications
- Know your goals: Identify what you want to achieve in your job search, what you are passionate about. You need to assess what you can bring to the table and highlight those throughout your application process.
- Tailor your CV and cover letter: Tailor your application documents to the specific job requirements, highlighting your relevant skills and experience. If you apply for a job on Antal.com, you will receive a free CV review so check out our career opportunities. Also,
- Network: Build connections and relationships with people in your industry through attending events, connecting with professional on LinkedIn, and following up with a message.
Section 2: Professional/Personal Branding on LinkedIn
- Complete your profile: Make sure your LinkedIn profile is complete, including a professional profile picture, headline, summary of your work experience. Read more about personal branding on LinkedIn: LinkedIn checklist to be discovered by recruiters
- Use keywords: Use keywords relevant to your industry and job goals to optimize your profile for search engines. Did you know that some organizations use AI robots to select the best resumes? Those "recruitment robots" are looking at the number of keywords in your CV matching the job requirements.
- Engage with others: Comment on and share relevant content, join groups and participate in discussions, and connect with others in your industry. Investing time and energy in building up a network is important as one of your connections can recommend you in a company and you have more chances to get a job through a referral.
- Keep your profile up to date: Regularly update your profile with new skills, experiences, and accomplishments to keep it fresh and relevant. There are new tools to make your work more efficient such as HubSpot, Cognism, Semrush and so on. Make sure you mention those in your profile. Hard skills are important.
Section 3: Career Development
- Set goals: Identify what you want to achieve in your career, both short-term and long-term. Make realistic goals according to the market standards and discuss with other professionals in your domain about how to achieve the career objectives you set.
- Seek feedback: Ask for feedback from your manager, colleagues, and mentors to help identify areas for improvement and growth. Feedback is critical for growth. You need to listen carefully and try to apply the advice - don't just listen to it as this won't give the chance to grow.
- Learn new skills: Take courses, attend workshops, and read industry publications to keep up with the latest trends and technologies in your field. Follow Antal International on LinkedIn to be updated on our next article about free online courses.
- Build relationships: Cultivate relationships with colleagues, mentors, and other professionals in your industry to expand your network and gain valuable insights. You can grow professionally at an even faster pace if you have the right people by your side in addition to your impressive skillset.
Section 4: Salary Negotiation
- Do your research: Research the industry standards for salaries in your position and location. You can look at websites as Glassdoor or for similar job salaries on LinkedIn. Knowing the average salary will help you to better understand what you need to aim for.
- Know your worth: Identify your skills, experience, and accomplishments, and be prepared to make a case for your value to the company.
- Negotiate respectfully: Approach salary negotiation as a conversation, not a confrontation, and be open to compromise. Negotiating doesn't only involve talking, but also carefully listening to the other party's perspective and acknowledging their concerns and needs, as well as communicating one's own needs and preferences clearly and respectfully.
- Consider other benefits: If the company is unable to offer the salary you are requesting, consider negotiating for other benefits such as additional holiday days, a flexible work schedule, or career development opportunities.
Remember, the job search and career development process is a journey, and it's important to be patient, persistent, and open to new opportunities and experiences.
If you need to be guided throughout the application process, get in touch with on of our Antal International offices from your location.
- Articulating strengths & weaknesses in interviews - with examples By Antal International
- Top 5 questions to ask an interviewer! By Antal International
- Step Seven: Gain Valuable Experience – A Lifelong Commitment to Career Success By Jim Foster
- The Best Tech Companies to work for in 2023 By Antal International