Tis’ the season to brace yourselves for your next big career move!
We all want to relax and enjoy our cup of hot chocolate with marshmallows as the Christmas season draws near, don't we? Spending time with loved ones to ring in the New Year in a joyful mood is always a treat.
This time of the year is also a great time to look back and look ahead. We recommend that you consider how crucial it is to work toward your professional objectives for the coming year Let's get stirring on your thoughts about what skills you should be developing in order to give your career a head start in 2023.
Do you have a career plan for 2023 in mind? If not, you should read this now! Before you jump into any job hunts, you need to push the rewind button and analyse your priorities.
• Set a career objective: Having a goal set for the future is as important as a football goal! Hence, prioritize the direction you are willing to take in your career.
• Keep your LinkedIn profile updated: Which recruiter would like a dull profile with no information at all? Adding the required content to your LinkedIn profile is a must that will have a great weightage for the recruiters to connect. Use this holiday season to think back on all the achievements, endorsements, recognition you have received at work and in your industry and add it to your LinkedIn profile. This will have the added advantage of preparing for your performance appraisal ????
• Enhance your capabilities: Your skills are a bonus! The more you develop yourself the more you're going to attract eyeballs! Enrolling in a crash course will be more effective to upskill and also learn what kind of job you might be looking for. Upskilling should be the flavour of the season. Choose skills that will either make you promotion ready or which will make you attractive to prospective employers. There are several MOOC platforms to choose from, so what are you waiting for?
• Network Network Network!: It doesn't matter if you don't like talking much, you can always socialize on various social media platforms. Use the holiday season’s gathering, re-unions, parties to network extensively in your professional space. You never know who will be your fairy godmother!
• Make or update your resume: The information you update on your profile (which is mandatory) or CV should be crisp and relevant.
• Find and nurture your passion: Your passion says a lot about who you are. If you still don't know what your hidden skills are, try making a list of the activities you genuinely enjoy doing. Spend some time doing things you enjoy!
And here is our Holiday Special bonus tip: Do you have a specialist recruiter in your network who can help you decide on your next career move? Check out our offices on www.antal.com and connect with your specialist recruiter today!
- Crafting a Standout Personal Brand: Your Key to Ultimate Career Success By Jim Foster
- Step five - Unlock Your Ultimate Career Success: Dive Deeper Into The Uncharted Waters of Networking By Jim Foster
- Emotional Intelligence: The Secret Weapon for Job Seekers By Antal International
- Unlocking Africa's Economic Potential By James Njeke