Writing down your life skills into one document can be a daunting and time-consuming task…. Just where do you start?
Here are 3 Top Tips to help you take the first steps…
1. Stand out from the crowd…. Make sure your cv details what makes you different from other candidates. Recruiters are receiving 100+ responses to 1 job advert in some cases. Read the job specification carefully and tailor your cv to this but highlighting projects and experiences you have had which are relevant to the job.
This is especially important as it is not possible to include every aspect of your career into one document, so you need to focus on the key areas you know are important for the job. For example, if it is a management position in a high-pressure environment, detail on your cv examples of having worked in similar situations and draw out comparisons.
2. Be crystal clear….. Make sure your cv is not only well formatted but also well written. Errors can be off putting for employers.
Ask someone to read through this and give their view as a second pair of eyes is more likely to spot errors. Your cv should not be too long either, limit yourself to 2 to 3 pages at the very most.
3. Keep your details current…. Dust down your cv from time to time and update this with the most recent projects. Ask for recommendations from line management for your social media profiles and make sure these mirror the content in your cv.
All our recruiters across the Antal Network of offices offer guidance on how to improve your written presentation for job applications and the first impression counts. The hiring manager will judge you solely on your CV application, so you need to take the time to ensure you make an impact.
- Answering "Tell me about yourself" in interviews By Antal International
- Exploring India's Top IT Hubs: Where Innovation Meets Opportunity By Antal TECH jobs
- Antal's 30th Lookback: COO interview on conference highlights and future goals. By Antal International
- Exploring the Top IT Hubs Across the Globe By Antal International