SalaryMarket CompetitiveLocationLahoreIndustryFMCG, Retail & E-CommerceJob Description
Supports the Senior Marketing Finance Manager in providing financial analysis & insights for the Area to ensure formulation and execution of pricing & excise strategies and pricing decisions, Trade margins reviews and optimization plans, and competitor analysis. The role works as a business partner for Marketing, providing such advices on resource allocation, business case preparation, benefit tracking of investments, channel and brand analysis, and budget management. This position resides within the overall Finance team under the Area Head of Finance.
- Identity P&E pricing opportunities through scenarios analysis and support in formulation of P&E strategy undertaking long-term industry modelling. Preparation and presentation of pricing proposals ensuring alignment with strategic intent and key stakeholders positions. Pursue noting/approval of pricing proposals and support pricing execution across the end markets. Ensure monthly tracking and reporting of pricing across the end markets.
- Support the establishment of performance management process to ensure resource is properly allocated to utilize business opportunities and growth, as well as to ensure Marketing Finance Governance in place.
- Ensure competitor intelligence and financial information is prepared with sounded assumption along with the updated market dynamics and available external information to support decision making for senior management team
- Support strategy formulation conducting analysis on trade margin, terms, and visibility contracts and provide recommendations ensure Total Customer Investment achievement inline objectives.
- To contribute to the development and execution of strategic planning and decision-making process of the Marketing department e.g. in respect of resource allocation, Investment effectiveness and Pricing decisions.
- Evaluate the effectiveness/efficiency of Marketing programs & touchpoints through financial analysis to support better decision-making and resource allocation, this analysis includes:
- Product/Brand Profitability
- Pre- and Post-Implementation Review for new brand/SKU launches
- Evaluation of investments in key Marketing initiatives (promotions etc.)
- Financial evaluations, business cases – NPV, IRR, ROI, Payback, sensitivity / scenario analysis
- Drive spend efficacy and smart cost management within the Marketing team. Ensure resource allocation decisions are based on enhancing shareholder value and in line with company strategy.
- Ensure accounting and governance procedures for Marketing are in place and operating effectively. Identify ways to improve the current control environment & business processes and lead the changes without compromising creativity and enterprising spirit, both within the department and where appropriate within external parties working on our behalf e.g. creative agencies.
- Ensure Commercial Finance contributes as an effective business partner to Marketing. Ensure quality service/guidance in all relevant areas of work is provided to all sections (Brands, Trade, Research, Merchandizing, Product Development, and Innovations) of Marketing department, as well as to external customers/suppliers such as distributors and creative agencies.
- Understanding of the relationships / interfaces between departments and functions.
- Complexity and subjectivity of marketing requires high commercial approach and strong management and interpersonal skills.
- Complex matrix Area operating structure and complicated business models within End Markets requires extensive and broad base of stakeholder management
- Ability to work with all levels of staff within the company and handle relationships with external parties.
3. Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Minimum five years' experience in FMCG category with ideally ACCA, ACA,CA, CPA or MBA qualification
- Financial analytical skills such as ROI and NPV to perform/review financial analyses together with the capability to provide commercial insights
- Understanding of marketing strategy, principles, and relevant analytical tools including knowledge on commercial aspects of the business such as Trade & Brand Marketing activities
- Understanding and knowledge of financial management and systems
- Understanding of pricing, excise and trade margins (revenue management)
- Adept at scenario modelling and interpreting large data trends (P&E and TCI modelling and scenario analysis)
Managerial & Interpersonal Skills:
- Effective communication skills
- Effective negotiation and influencing skills
- Developing and maintaining relationships with multiple stakeholders
- Strong presentations skills and ability to simplify complex issues
- Working in matrix management structures
4. Key Success Factors:
The most important metrics by which successful performance will be judged are:
- Ability to provide strategy recommendations on short-term and long term pricing and excise decisions (and incl. trade margins) through robust analysis and modelling of industry, operator and competitors trends
- Successful coordination of end to end pricing and excise process from generating the pricing proposal to facilitating the pricing execution ensuring proposer governance is followed
- Ensure effective resource allocation and spend effectiveness across marketing initiatives for Portfolio, brand and trade activities, ensuring proper spend tracking and reporting
- Effectively manage multiple stakeholders across multiple markets and functions to drive commercial objectives around pricing and excise and resource allocation.