SalaryCompetitiveLocationAfrica, Zambia, SolweziIndustryEngineering & AutomotiveJob Description
The Construction Manager will provide overall direction for the planning, design and construction of all surface civil infrastructure projects on site, while ensuring all projects are developed within budget and on schedule. The person will be responsible to implement the best safety practices and construction standards while confirming effective infrastructure selection, contract creation and award, schedule compliance and cost control.
- Manage the construction projects coordinating with the operations team.
- Maintaining a strong line of communication & reporting on progress to the Project Director.
- Ensure compliance to statutory requirements and integrate applicable industry best practices.
- Ensure maintenance activities and outputs allow for effective utilization of equipment.
- Establish and maintain a productive project culture through effective people management and team building.
- Communicate regularly with all staff to ensure that goals and priorities are clearly understood and to promote a harmonious working environment.
- Deliver project estimates and budgets to the required degree of accuracy.
- Experience in project management from inception through to commissioning
- Trades and or Engineering qualifications highly regarded (e.g. Mining/Civil, Mechanical, Electrical).
- Recognized formal project management qualifications will be highly regarded.
- 15+ years’ relevant experience in a senior role in project construction or project management
- Experienced with both start-up projects and operating environments.
- Experience in Risk Management and Risk Mitigation.
- Previous management and supervisory experience are mandatory.
- A high degree of computer literacy in MS products.
- Ability to interpret and disseminate technical information between internal and external stakeholders.