Back to Jobs
SalaryCompetitiveLocationAfricaIndustryEngineering & AutomotiveJob Description
- Looking for a Field Engineer who will be responsible for optimizing plant mechanical assets performance, manage mechanical assets life cycle and defect elimination process. Ensure quality control.
- Determines cost advantages of alternatives and develops actions plans that comply with customer demands for reliable processes and equipment to avoid outages and failure.
- Provide detailed analysis in strategic plan for assets life cycle, optimization for plant equipment and maintenance budget.
- Manage critical assets improvement projects to optimize plant reliability, availability, and maintainability.
- Develop and implement QA & QC standards and procedures for the execution team.
- Provide mechanical and equipment engineering support by preparing technical deliverables, including technical specifications, test procedures, commissioning plans, and registration design submissions.
- Ensure that the information system is updated and available for the execution team when required.
- Establish the defect elimination process for plant.
- Identify, plan, and implement projects to improve the inherent reliability of equipment.
- Report and relieve the Process Plant Maintenance Engineer when required.
- Engineering background and experience in maintenance of SAG & Ball Mill, crusher floatation, and mineral process assets.
- Must be able to work in different extreme weather.
- Experience in Mining Industry and experiences in hands-on material selection for rotating and static assets, design, modification maintenance budget, quality control, engineering technical support, Defect elimination, and strategic plan development in the Mineral process environment.
- Holder of a valid vehicle license for light trucks
- Manage the maintenance budget.
- bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering from an internationally recognized university
- Computer Literacy – AutoCAD, microsoft word and excel.
- Fluent in English