Back to Jobs
Project Engineer in Iasi
SalaryCompetitive salary packageLocationRomania, BrasovIndustryJob Description
Antal International is recruiting an experienced Project Engineer for their Client: industry-leading transmission solutions manufacturer located in Iasi.
- We are looking for a dedicated Project Engineer to take ownership of the implementation of production processes and managing technical activities within the project organization.
- To be a successful Project Engineer, you should have the ability to outline project deliverables, understand problems and convey effective workarounds to members of the team to ensure the project continues as intended.
- You should also have a good organizational, time management, coordination, and decision-making skills.
Project Engineer Responsibilities:
- Interpretation of the different customer requirements (drawings, specs, 3D-models) and translate these into a production process that meets these requirements and has the lowest cost.
- Create a product structure (BOM) and technological flow (routing) in local ERP system
- Participate to customer’s requirements clarifications
- Prepare specific technological drawings for manufacturing steps
- Propose and implement improvement actions to reduce cycle time, production cost and quality issues by
- Perform time and labor calculations
- Defining new production processes
- Analyzing and improving setup times - Focus on improved manufacturing fixtures allowing to go to dedicated / quick changeover fixtures
- Analyzing and improving cycle times by defining new cutting tools and cutting strategies together with the process specialists
- Participate in quality working teams to define root causes and corrective actions for recurring quality issues
- Developing specifications for the project's needed equipment.
- Do market research on available technologies
- Request quotations and make a technical comparison in between the different solutions
- Propose solutions to IGW management team
- Cooperate and communicate effectively with project manager and other project participants to provide assistance and technical support
- Monitor manufacturing flow up to technology validation
- Make plant/line layout with focus on transport & Flow of parts and handling of parts
- Stay up to date with new technologies in domain
- Ensuring the compliance with the applicable codes, practices, policies, performance standards, and specifications.
Project Engineer Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering/mechanical or related field.
- Good understanding of metal manufacturing processes, clocking and manufacturing standard times definition and structure.
- 5 years’ experience manufacturing/product engineer.
- Good organizational, time management, tasks coordination, and decision-making skills.
- Advanced MS Office skills: Word, Excel, Power Point. Windchill is a plus.
- Good technical drawing knowledge.
- Ability for analysis and synthesis.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Knowledge of applicable codes, policies, standards, and best practices.