Back to Jobs
SAP Data Engineer
SalaryLocationIndia, BangaloreIndustryProject ManagementJob Description
Role & Responsibility :
- Define Data migration strategy per objects assigned based on target system. Legacy system setup including country related tasks.
- Coordination activities between functional teams and business for the assigned data objects
- Responsible for End-to-End content related Data object clarifications until resolution for the objects assigned.
- Responsible for the objects build and execution through a global rollout, in a phased manner
- Understand existing design from the vendor company, suggest best practices and improvements to achieve the migration with maximum productivity
- Assisting BODS engineer to identify/determine the appropriate interfaces to load the data and troubleshooting the issues that occur during data load activity.
- Responsible for building BAPIs, IDOCs, Reports and Interfaces for loading data into SAP system
- Develop Automated/Re-usable Solutions which minimizes re-work and enables to perform rollout for future waves with minimum preparation time
Desired Profie :
- Candidates with 8 to 12 years of Data Migration experience to SAP using SAP data services and SAP ABAP. Working knowledge of SAP data migration using SAP Data Services tool is mandatory Must be able to demonstrate good understanding of Data Migration in global teams.
- Strong data-migration background with hands-on experience with data migration using SAP Data Services with IDOCs, BAPIs LSMW, and BDC load methodology. Having RDS knowledge is additional advantage.
- Experienced in Core ABAP, OOPs Concept, IDOCs, Enhancements, BAPI, Interfaces, Reports, LSMW.
- Integration with Non-SAP Sources (file formats), SAP ECC is essential (added knowledge of HANA is beneficial)
- Should have good Database knowledge, writing complex SQL queries and knowledge in writing/ Understanding of Stored Procedures is must. Strategic thinking in regard to technical design and technical approach.Good Analytical skills to understand the country-specific business process and provide quicker resolution of the defects assigned.
- Technical Know-how of ABAP/LSMW programming is needed.Knowledge in BODS will be an added advantage.
- Excellent communication skills.