SalaryBest in the marketLocationChennai, IndiaIndustryInformation Technology and ServicesJob Description
This esteemed organization, with two decades of experience, is a prominent player in specialty e-commerce within the United States. Based in Atlanta and boasting nearly $5 billion in revenue, they provide a wide array of consumer products, vacations, online services, and voluntary benefit programs to millions of American employees. Their global innovation hub, situated in Chennai's DLF IT Park for the past four years, is a pivotal technology center. With close to 150 dedicated professionals and plans to expand to 190, they drive cutting-edge IT initiatives, collaborating closely with US-based stakeholders and business units, propelling innovation and product development at the forefront of their mission.
About the role :
The Senior Accountant role involves accurately recording financial transactions in line with US GAAP and company policies. Responsibilities include managing period-end closing activities, analyzing large volumes of data in general ledger accounts, preparing and reviewing journal entries, and conducting financial analysis. This position requires working during standard US hours, which may extend during close periods. Key qualifications include a Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance, 5+ years of accounting experience, proficiency in Microsoft Excel, strong attention to detail, and knowledge of US GAAP. The role also involves collaborating with various departments, supporting audits, and driving process improvements to enhance efficiency.
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the general ledger activities and financial reporting of the organization.
- Ensure financial transactions are recorded and reviewed in compliance with US GAAP.
- Summarize and analyze general ledger accounts with large volumes of data and transactions.
- Coordinate and execute timely and accurate period-end close activities according to the close schedule.
- Prepare and review journal entries, account reconciliations and work papers in a timely manner.
- Prepare monthly variance analysis for assigned costs centers and review with cross-functional management.
- Support the Accounting Supervisor, Senior Accounting Manager and FP&A with period-end financial analysis, budgeting/forecasting or other analysis.
- Assist with updating and monitoring policies and procedures documentation, process improvements and automation, and cross-training of team roles and responsibilities.
- Monitor and adhere to internal controls.
- Collaborate with various departments to support overall company goals and objectives.
- Support external audit process by providing reports and support.
- Identify and implement changes to improve productivity and efficiency.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5+ years of experience in accounting
- Strong experience using Microsoft Excel (Vlookup, pivot tables)
- Analytical with strong attention to detail and good working knowledge of US GAAP
- Broad industry experience and knowledge of Accounting best practices, particularly as it relates to large volumes of data and transactions.
- Strong time management and change agility skills with the ability to prioritize workload, meet tight deadlines and adapt to a growing and changing environment.
- Excellent communicator with the ability to define and communicate business issues, with experience building close cross-functional relationships and engaging management.
Check Your Resume for Match
Upload your resume and our tool will compare it to the requirements for this job like recruiters do.Check for Match