After an intense job search you received an interview invitation for your dream job. Congratulations! Now it's all about being good at selling yourself. Whether it's a face-to-face or video interview, you must prepare... Yes, but where to start?
Antal International prepared some interview tips and advice to win them over with your skills, experience and personality.
"Tell me about yourself" question! ❓
"Tell me about yourself" is one of the most common interview questions. So much so that recruiters pay particular attention to how you answer. There is no right or wrong answer. Here are 3 examples:
- A conventional approach is to orient the answer around concrete events and experiences. It will reflect professionalism and organization.
- Another option is to focus on the following three elements: Who you are, what you do, and your added value to the company, by listing 3 qualities and linking them to your experiences.
- Finally, you can also go for the creative one with a storytelling approach. Say a lot about yourself without giving everything away. If you talk about a personal experience, it must have an echo in the professional world. For example, being a marathon runner will explicitly demonstrate physical force, but also mental strength...
Identify their expectations so that they coincide with your profile ????
The secret to success is to have a thorough knowledge of your CV (achievements with measurements, project results...) as well as the job description. You should prepare in advance your top skills and how you have demonstrated them in your most important projects or work experience! It's all about picking the most relevant examples for each interview.
Soft skills and Hard skills ????
The way you present your personality is also essential. A recruiter looks not just for a team player but an ambassador of the company's values. It has to be a good fit with the culture of the company! Asking questions about the values will highlight your curiosity and motivation to be a part of the company!
Demonstrate curiosity ????
Part of the preparation should be dedicated to the questions you want to ask the examiner! Write down questions about the role, career progression, and the working environment! This way, when question times come at the end, you can pick depending on how the conversation is going. You should also assess whether this is a place you would like to work in the long term.
Salary expectations and negotiations ????
If the hiring manager asks you what your salary expectations are, you should prepare a salary range in advance and justify it! Here are 2 options.
- Have a salary range ready based on your expectations, market trends and your experience.
- Instead of answering, you can return the question by asking what their offer is for a candidate with all the relevant skills and knowledge.7
???? Check out our other related blogs on Antal.com:
- How to answer these 5 tricky questions during a job interview
- How to be passionate during an interview
Register on Antal to find open positions that would be perfect for you! Our consultants will work with you to ensure that the recruitment process is efficient. We place great importance on being the intermediary from the interviews until the salary discussion in a trusting and comfortable environment for both parties.