SalaryLocationRomania, BucharestIndustryAccountingJob Description
The Company is part of a new dynamic global business network with over 4000 professionals and offices in 58 countries, specializing in the provision of accounting, audit, tax, commercial law, and advisory services.
The Company in Romania is a well -established local professional practice looking to extend the Bucharest’s team in BPO division and hiring:
REPORTS TO: BPO Senior Associate/ Supervisory Associate/ Manager/ Senior Manager
Role PURPOSE: To support keeping the accounting records for large and/or complex clients of the Company, in accordance with the accounting legislation in force.
The ideal candidate should have the ability to perform full monthly closing, including preparation of trial balance and VAT declaration-for the review of her/his superior.
Job Requirements (Minimum Qualifications)
- Completed Post Graduate Studies, in Accounting and Bookkeeping Information Systems, Audit, Finance, Insurance, Banks, Business Management or other relevant areas by the end of his tenure at this level.
- 2+ years of previous experience in an accounting role.
- Computer literate (i.e. MS Office, ECDL, etc.) mainly Excel & Word.
- Advanced operating knowledge on at least three financial applications, similar to the ones used by the firm and/or the clients.
- Advanced knowledge on at least one foreign language, preferably English.
- Agility, ability to meet deadlines, basic management skills.
- Good knowledge on accounting, tax compliance and financial principles.
- Ability to work at client premises.
- Effective verbal and written communication.
- Team orientation to approach and work together with people.
- Attention to details.
- Demonstrates significant commitment to own professional development; proactively seeks out knowledge, information and training on broad array of aspects that are value adding to the firm.
- Simultaneously serves a portfolio of clients acting in different sectors as allocated or prioritized by the Senior Associate/ Manager in charge.
- Data entry for the keeping of management and financial accounting.
- Prepare (for allocated clients) the monthly trial balances to be reviewed by the Senior Associate/ Manager in charge.
- Assists the preparation of financial statements (balance sheet, profit and loss account) for allocated small clients or as assigned by Senior Associate/ Manager in charge. By the end of his tenure as an associate he should be in a position to prepare financial statements, corporate tax returns of simple companies.
- Ability to prepare appropriate analytical review of the trial balance to identify unusual variations in current month movements versus previous movements. (expenses, income, unusual transactions) and assist the preparation of economic and financial analysis requested by the Senior Associate/ Manager/ Partner in charge.
- Delivery of various tax return and other physical documents at the Financial Administration or other public authorities, as assigned by Senior Associate/ Manager in charge if necessary.
- Transfers documents from/to private legal entities through customer representatives, as assigned by the Senior Associate/ Manager in charge.
- Registers, files and archives documents to secure proper tracking and effective access by topic & chronological as assigned by Senior Associate/ Manager in charge.
- Keeps updated and complies on accounting and fiscal regulation changes based on the information and directions as provided by the company. Seeks out clarifications when something is not clear.
- Fills in own timesheets in time and complies to the allocated hourly budget of the assigned tasks – escalates to Senior Associate/ Manager in charge in case of any deviation.
- Respects deadlines assigned by more senior associates. Escalates proactively any deviations.
- Learns and adapts to new and/or additional tools used for doing the job.
- Supports other administrative and operational tasks as assigned by the Senior Accountant/ Manager in charge
- Steep learning curve by exposure to a complex environment of business situations
- Being part of a rapidly expanding organization
- Support in career development and support with various professional and specific training programs.
- Comprehensive compensation package plus several additional benefits (including study leave for professional accreditation exams, support in transportation and meal tickets)
- Unlimited support to achieve your personal aspiration