SalaryLocationRomaniaIndustryPharma, Biotech & HealthcareJob Description
Required education and experience:
• Bachelor and masters degree in business or finance
• At least 10 years experience in a pharmaceutical company of which significant number of years in a leadership position
• Significant experience and track record of success in sales management and brand/product management
• Significant experience (min 5 years) in Production management
• Thorough understanding of commercial aspects of the business including brand management, sales planning and execution, market access, product pricing, regulatory environments.
• Successful track record of hiring, developing and retaining talent
• Ability to leverage the knowledge of the marketplace, competitor environment and economic forces and translate them into clear short term and long term strategies
• Demonstrated success in the following key areas:
? P&L management / budget management
? Identifying growth opportunities for a given product and driving an organization to capture value
? Formulating and implementing effective marketing, sales and production strategies
? Effectively working with cross-functional teams
? Developing business cases to recommend and rationalize investments and other strategic actions
• Mid to big company experience preferred.
• Fluent in written and spoken English
• Highly competent with PC (Word, Outlook, Excel, Powerpoint) and CRM systems
Main Responsibilities in leading the Sales and Marketing Department:
• Provide strategic & operational direction and leadership for the Sales and Marketing Department.
• Provide leadership to the creation and execution of the annual Marketing (brand plan, marketing programs and tactics) and Sales (key account management plans, education/awareness programs and tactics) plans to meet pre set product goals and revenues.
• Ensure plans are developed, implemented and monitored in conjunction with relevant cross-functional teams and aligned between the Sales&Marketing and the Production Department.
• Lead, manage, motivate, and develop the Sales and Marketing team for the BU by setting clear objectives, effective coaching, evaluation and feedback on performance.
• Develop and maintain excellent relationships with key customers Wholesalers / Pharmacy Chains.
• Ensure sales/marketing resources are adequate to ensure optimal competitive advantage on all commercial fronts and to achieve short, mid and long term revenue targets for the BU.
Main Responsibilities in leading the Production Department:
• Provide strategic & operational direction and leadership for the Production Department.
• Lead the development of the production (production pipeline optimization, product research and development) (e.g. operating expense, revenue, consumer dynamics, supply)
• Research, assess and lead the development for new brands and new business opportunities (sales opportunities, private labeling, 3rd party production, export)
• Ensure administrative systems are effective and designed to support the production activities and targets to meet business goals.
Main Business Unit Responsibilities:
• Accountable for delivering local Commercial P&L goals and other performance objectives & financial KPIs (e.g. product revenue and earnings targets) for both the Sales and Marketing and Production Departments.
• In collaboration with the Sales Manager and Production Manager set annual sales targets and KPI systems.
• Organize and lead quarterly business reviews in collaboration with General Manager, Sales Manager and Production Manager.
• In collaboration with Human Resources, manage all HR related issues in the BU including discipline, reward, recruitment, appraisal and setting working standards.
Required Skill-set and competencies:
• Strong leadership and change management abilities
• Builds and models a culture of questioning and constructive challenge to foster openness and candid dialogue
• Listens to and carefully considers others’ perspectives, to ensure quality and high standards.
• Encourages accountability and responsibility that enables others to act with integrity