SalaryLocationMilanIndustryHospitality, Leisure & TourismJob Description
For a cluster of hotels in Milan, we are looking for a
Chief Engineer Multiproperty
He / She manages all engineering/maintenance operations, including maintaining the building, grounds and physical plant with particular attention towards safety, security and asset protection for three hotels
He / She is accountable for managing the budget, capital expenditure projects, preventative maintenance and energy conservation. We expect him/her to have a strong focus on initiatives and projects with low environmental impact and that reduces energy consumption. He / She will be in charge for contracting with suppliers. He / She is responsible for maintaining regulatory requirements and leads the emergency response team for all facility issues.
- Supervises Engineering
- Assists in managing the physical plant including equipment, refrigeration, HVAC, plumbing, water treatment, electrical and life safety systems.
- Maintains and operates equipment at optimum effectiveness, efficiency and safety.
- Establishes and manages an effective rooms maintenance program.
- Ensures compliance with all Engineering departmental policies, standards and procedures.
- Manages department's controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
- Select and order or purchase new equipment, supplies, and furnishings with a preference for items with a low environmental impact.
- Inspect and evaluate the physical condition of facilities in order to determine the type of work required.
- Recommend or arrange for additional services such as painting, repair work, renovations, and the replacement of furnishings and equipment.
- Supervises the day-to-day operations of Engineering.
- Manages Safety and Security for the three properties.
- Reviews the evacuation plan and fire procedures on a quarterly basis.
- Conducts a self-audit of property's compliance with threat condition procedures on a quarterly basis.
- Maintains communication with local police or local security network.
- Verifies that all inspection points comply with proper inspection procedures.
- Participates to Security Councils.
- Maintains accurate logs and records as required.
- Assists in effectively planning, scheduling and evaluating preventative maintenance programs.
- Handles guest problems and complaints effectively.
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
- Displays leadership in guest hospitality by exemplifying excellent customer service and creating a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
- Helps establish priorities for total properties maintenance needs.
- Ensures on-going communication occurs in all areas of responsibility to create awareness of business objectives, awareness of expectations and recognition of exemplary performance.
- Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team members.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees.
- Ensures employees are treated fairly and equitably.
- Strives to improve service performance.
- Provides feedback to employees based on observation of service behaviors.
- Supervises employee's ability to execute departmental and properties emergency procedures.
- Reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
- Solicits employee feedback.
- Helps ensure regulatory compliance to facility regulations and safety standards.
- Ensures disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review Process.
- Ensures properties policies are administered fairly and consistently.
- At least 3 years’ experience as Head of Maintenance or Chief Engineer for an international hotel chain;
- Knowledge of the Italian law and effective handling of documentation and permits;
- 5-year degree from an accredited university in Building and Construction, Engineering, Mechanics, or related major
- Excellent knowledge of Italian and English, both written and spoken